Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7th discussion/obs

The Iceman

1 minute ago, bpjones595 said:

Maybe 1.5” so far in Chester heights. Roads aren’t even covered. Another bust down in delco...

Umm coming up on 4" here in Media Delaware County my expectation was 5.2" so it's not too far off.  Elevation is playing a role with this and the fact that temps are 33 now every hour here its been snowing.  

Down in Ridley along the Delaware River I bet they haven less than you do out in Chester Heights.

Now with that said even here in Media paved surfaces are like 1.5-2" of snow but the grass area and old snow are at or just past 4" heavy band from Wilmington Delaware has Arrived and more coming up from the Southwest and west.

Think our totals here in the center of the County to about Newtown Square will likely fall 4-6" especially places like Newtown Square and Radnor highest elevations of Delaware County.  Liken this to an early March storm where it was warm past two days with marginal temps at the surface. Banding also plays a huge role!

4 minutes ago, bpjones595 said:

Maybe 1.5” so far in Chester heights. Roads aren’t even covered. Another bust down in delco...

Surprisingly not surprised. Heavier returns on radar are starting to translate, but no different to what fell earlier this morning. Maybe my coating here in Havertown will double and we’ll approach an inch when all is said and done. 

• Like 1

Just measured 1" here though NWS recently said 2" nearby so maybe I'm a little off (last time I was a little over NWS measurements in the area so I guess it all evens out in the end). Either way definitely banding dependent as we knew going in. Just thought the banding would be over 95 instead of 15-25 miles NW. Big flakes are coming back here and the radar seems decent so maybe we'll get to the bottom end of the 3-6. That hour lull of extremely small flakes that weren't piling up definitely cost us. Saw a report near Doylestown of 8.5" which is crazy that's only 24 miles NW of Moorestown

33 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Wow though 6.5" what were you expecting out there. This storm did come further North and west.  Elevation here in Media sitting at 315 feet so think that hurts a bit we have like 3.5" I can imagine right along the Delaware River less.

I only though 4" at most but the band set up a good bit further NW than modeled...even NWS only had us at 2" to 4" - elevation likely has helped here as temps are marginal and now actually above freezing but still accumulating here. will take another measurement at 1130a

• Like 1

Umm coming up on 4" here in Media Delaware County my expectation was 5.2" so it's not too far off.  Elevation is playing a role with this and the fact that temps are 33 now every hour here its been snowing.  

Down in Ridley along the Delaware River I bet they haven less than you do out in Chester Heights.

Now with that said even here in Media paved surfaces are like 1.5-2" of snow but the grass area and old snow are at or just past 4" heavy band from Wilmington Delaware has Arrived and more coming up from the Southwest and west.

Think our totals here in the center of the County to about Newtown Square will likely fall 4-6" especially places like Newtown Square and Radnor highest elevations of Delaware County.  Liken this to an early March storm where it was warm past two days with marginal temps at the surface. Banding also plays a huge role!

The snow has been mainly light here most of the morning. Footprints on my sidewalk from an hour ago are melted thru. Temp at 32
Radar looks like it’s building a little in the south. Maybe I get lucky with 3 or 4 inches

Just now, Joshb32689 said:

Surprisingly not surprised. Heavier returns on radar are starting to translate, but no different to what fell earlier this morning. Maybe my coating here in Havertown will double and we’ll approach an inch when all is said and done. 

I spoke with my brother in Havertown a little over an hour ago and he was lagging a bit as well. I figured it had to do with turning over to all snow a little later than here, but could also be rates.

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Isn't there a piece of polar vortex headed your way next week ("blue norther")? :lol:

Yes and No. Front is gonna be a slosher till the end of the week. Actually doing the grids right now and debating on what to drink after this forecast is finished :lol:

Pain in my you know what right now. I got as much agreement on temps as married couples deciding where to eat