Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

They don't think the Outer Cape will snow much because it occurs during the day, and the warmer ocean layer will allow stronger warm air advection out ahead of the storm will preclude snow accumulating and they believe the storm will be robust enough to bring in warm air.  I think the dynamics will offset the little warm layer at the boundary layer and instead the intense lift and best snow totals occur over the Cape.  ACK will mix.

James 

You gotta move man, or drive to the snow 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I split the difference.  A solid glacier you can walk on top of especially at night when it’s colder-6-7 inches still.  I just came from Home Depot buying more salt to avoid killing mysef.  West Roxbury a few miles away maybe 2 inches.

Big difference around here. I can head south (inland) to rt 3 and it’s about 2-4” of glacier. Even Hanover had coverage. Around here it’s more dependent on whether or not it’s been sun torched. Woods ftw if you have them. Go 2 miles to the ocean, Nothing. That’s the first I’ve ever seen that since living here. 

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think my forecast is pretty good. I think you’re worried, and you should be.... really borderline there. Maybe you can get to your Super Bowl party without shoveling or clearing the cars?

There’s more to making a snowfall forecast than looking at snow maps. You’ll learn more about weather as you get older 

• Haha 4

@CoastalWx Scoots .. in regards to your snow OTG post ... you are right about the water . All along 95 in PVD on the water there’s nothing.. but get 1/2 mile away and full deep pack .

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Went to RI today to Long Live Beerworks and Buttonwood .. huge gradient between Ginx area and W RI to PVD and Cranston. Basically 1” or bare ground in those areas to still 10-12” w RI to Ginx. Also can see how the snow in that area was paste. You can see where the coastal front set up in CT where it goes to powder about 5 miles NW of Killingly

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

@CoastalWx Scoots .. in regards to your snow OTG post ... you are right about the water . All along 95 in PVD on the water there’s nothing.. but get 1/2 mile away and full deep pack .

Never seen that. Although I probably shouldn’t say that because I saw it in Marshfield a few times, but it’s pretty crazy. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

He’s pretty open. My front melted off, but I have the sunniest lot in the hood haha. 

If Tuesday would have happened 3 weeks from now, we would have lost a lot today. It was pretty warm out in the sun. I took my kid to flag football practice (indoors) around 2 and I was a little warm even in just a hoody. 

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

If Tuesday would have happened 3 weeks from now, we would have lost a lot today. It was pretty warm out in the sun. I took my kid to flag football practice (indoors) around 2 and I was a little warm even in just a hoody. 

How was the car interior Tip?

• Haha 1