• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Doug747
    Newest Member
    Doug747
Feb 7th-9th event

11 minutes ago, Baum said:

starting to see a few large flakes mixing in with the ongoing dust.

strange you haven't had larger flakes more frequently. suspect we are seeing some lake enhancement in chicago, because there have been large flakes falling at varying intensity since i woke up this morning. 

shame for those on either side of the band coming in, which will only end up being about 20 miles wide.

still watching a possible 2nd round of enhancement overnight, although it seems evident from radar and obs in IA snow will keep going through the evening. would watch areas near and just south of the best snow this afternoon, probably in chicago from ~9pm - 1am. dry air will start to come in and the lift isn't necessarily perfectly centered in the DGZ w/ that round, so it may not be as effective as this afternoon's. gfs_nc.frontb6.thumb.png.2c9b108a27abc1b09a9b14eecf60cb64.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janetjanet998 said:

either models are slow with developing the snow band (had nothing now) or they are completely missing it this morning

so the question is are models just too slow with the system and the snow band developed faster and will move out faster resulting in the same amount of snow

OR

is this bonus snow that the models missed this morning and no change with the afternoon and overnight timing?

Looks more like scenario 1 more likely. Lol. Models did bad today. Now models aren't showing much here Wed and Thurs but is that trustworthy after today?

6 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

No dust here currently, and there wasn't this morning either...So I find that hard to believe.

Most of the day real nice  mood flakes. About 2 pm flake size became very small similar to Saturday's event and did so for maybe a half hour before the larger dendrites mixed in steadily and eventually became the main flake type. No reason to make up. Perhaps a bad description. But it is a nice steady snowfall now. Should add my location is 63rd and Belmont in Downers Grove today.

• Like 4

Measured before I left for work this morning, and had 3.5” total for the morning/overnight round. Lightly snowing here all afternoon, but has picked up recently back to fluff balls. Roads have caved again. Great wintry appeal day! :D

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

No dust here currently, and there wasn't this morning either...So I find that hard to believe.

I can vouch.  I had the pixie dust for a long while as well..  Similar to Saturdays event.  Looking good now though