• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

26 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I’m on the road and enroute to Greek peak! Will be interesting to see if I can pop into some of that heavier stuff on the drive. They are reporting a 3 day total of 22 inches.

I forgot to measure my snowboard this morning but it looked to be in the 6-7 inch range.  

If all goes as planned are you heading out to Buffalo this weekend?

11 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Just measured, too. 2.6 inches overnight and 0.8 during the day yesterday so 3.4 inches total on 0.17 inches LE, exactly 20:1. It’s still snowing lightly. 

That's brutal. You got even less than here it looks like.  Still SN- here.  Flake size is decent but vis is still around 1 mile so hard to call it even moderate snow though it is accumulating. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Amazing storm for most of CNY!  As a Weedsport native it’s a bit tough seeing the pics and snow totals coming in. Looks like a classic nor’easter/enhancement event, one for the books. Enjoy!!!

BB were going to get multiple chances over the next week or so...stay positive 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That's brutal. You got even less than here it looks like.  Still SN- here.  Flake size is decent but vis is still around 1 mile so hard to call it even moderate snow though it is accumulating. 

To make matters worse I’ve been under decent returns for over 12 straight hours. 2.6 inches in 12 hours is a little less than 1/4 inch per hour average. Pretty pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

To make matters worse I’ve been under decent returns for over 12 straight hours. 2.6 inches in 12 hours is a little less than 1/4 inch per hour average. Pretty pathetic. 

Yeah it is odd stuff.  Perversely, the heaviest rate of the entire event (here), is occurring attm. 

I am guessing over a foot here in Geneva. I cannot measure accurately so am going off of storm reports. I am going to assume over 2 more inches fell between 12:40 AM and when the snow finally stopped at around 7 AM- 7:30 AM. 

...ONTARIO COUNTY...
GENEVA                       10.0 IN   1240 AM 02/03   TRAINED SPOTTER      

This is insane! It simply won't stop snowing. Got another 8 to 10 inches overnight alone. Stopped measuring long time ago, but we must be well north of 2 feet for this event. Looks like we're getting close to 3 feet on the ground here.

Most snow I've ever seen in my life - and by now best snowstorm ever :)

• Like 4