• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

Thanks man.  I know I'm a bit of a pessimist in here sometimes.  It's hard to stay positive sometimes when you love weather so much and things aren't working out the way you had hoped.  

I also don't consider myself above any of you guys.  I did the math, and studied the books 20 years ago, but most of you guys are just as good or better than me at pattern recognition.  The internet and all the available data has allowed even arm chair weather enthusiast to do a very good job of tracking and forecasting weather these days.  I love this forum.  Glad to have all the differing inputs, even when some of us have our depressive moments.  

We learn so much from you. I mean I’m the one that got known on the forums for writing a parody on phases of chasing an east coast storm because I’m a weenie and have watched a zillion model runs in my 41 years of life. 

I did a forecast for all of the Northeast (I’ve lived a lot of places so know a lot of local Climatology) and it’s worked out well this time but I’ll get smoked the next time. Nature of the game. 

I thought about pulling back but what prevented me from it was ALL of the mesos were showing it. I just couldn’t get past our physics and algorithms being that wrong this close. It’s not over but insanely cool storm to track and learn from. 

And I’m a transplant of 4 years - so this forums local knowledge has been amazing for me. Thanks and thanks for welcoming me. 

• Like 2