• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

1 minute ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Additional 2.5" today. (not 4"as per my wife earlier)

So Caz had 1 yesterday, 13 overnight, and 2.5 today...16.5 total...for now.

Congrats to those patiently waiting, and congrats to those still waiting....I think most will be satiated by tomorrow evening.:mapsnow:

Oh, I have to wait til tomorrow evening now? :P :) :P 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't understand this system and what's going on in my area. Solidly in the banding, but still, only light fluffers falling down.

image.thumb.png.b6ffdec2fc062aa916afe062fc8c1757.png

Perhaps a met can explain but I’ve had the same thing happen once when I lived in NW NJ and again at times today. Wondering if it has to do with tremendous lift/dry levels causing the radar to be so disconnected from the surface reflection. I’ve seen it takes a bit for the actual returns you’re seeing to produce - multiple times when the dark greens were already past!

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't understand this system and what's going on in my area. Solidly in the banding, but still, only light fluffers falling down.

image.thumb.png.b6ffdec2fc062aa916afe062fc8c1757.png

Yeah I mentioned that earlier about how on the backside of coastal storms there seems to be a displacement of heavier returns versus actual heavier snowfall verified.  Must be a disconnect between where the beam shoots and some sort of phenomenon in the lower levels with coastal (in particular) storms...just surmising. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Perhaps a met can explain but I’ve had the same thing happen once when I lived in NW NJ and again at times today. Wondering if it has to do with tremendous lift/dry levels causing the radar to be so disconnected from the surface reflection. I’ve seen it takes a bit for the actual returns you’re seeing to produce - multiple times when the dark greens were already past!

Thanks. I know King mentioned something similar to that earlier today...I mean it's solid green for miles on both sides of me on that radar so I figured I saw safe for good snow. Yet here I sit. It's like we have this massive dry zone above us that's fricking everything up. So maddening...ALL DAY! Syrmax described it best when he said "virga with flurries mixed in."

2 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Yeah I mentioned that earlier about how on the backside of coastal storms there seems to be a displacement of heavier returns versus actual heavier snowfall verified.  Must be a disconnect between where the beam shoots and some sort of phenomenon in the lower levels with coastal (in particular) storms...just surmising. 

So how many miles west do you think the actual precipitation is??

2 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Thanks king. This is exactly what happened that one time in NW NJ. It was a backside band that looked epic to add to our totals and there was not a single flake!!!  I was posting on a forum down there and the Mets simply could not believe the returns weren’t heavy snow. 

2 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Thanks king. This is exactly what happened that one time in NW NJ. It was a backside band that looked epic to add to our totals and there was not a single flake!!!  I was posting on a forum down there and the Mets simply could not believe the returns weren’t heavy snow. 

It has been SO frustrating...and OF COURSE it has to be over my head.