• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

Being north of KBUF we received 2.1 Monday Night into Tuesday and while it didn’t accumulate much more Tuesday it didn’t stop snowing until evening...then last night I picked up 3.1 more for a storm total of 5.2”...lake enhancement means a lot...it falls in line with this area of Northern Erie Co in the 4-6” of snow cover

13 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Being north of KBUF we received 2.1 Monday Night into Tuesday and while it didn’t accumulate much more Tuesday it didn’t stop snowing until evening...then last night I picked up 3.1 more for a storm total of 5.2”...lake enhancement means a lot...it falls in line with this area of Northern Erie Co in the 4-6” of snow cover

Yep 4.8” total here. Almost triple KBUF total and that’s only 3-4 miles to my SE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Must have been some mesoscale banding there? 10" difference in a few miles from that map.

All elevation driven...I drive to work going through Chittenango (a much lower elevation (450' vs 1250') 9 miles between and they had about a foot less visually, and that is what was reported...18".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Yep 4.8” total here. Almost triple KBUF total and that’s only 3-4 miles to my SE

Better than here, 2.2" for 3 day total. 

The ratios were pretty low at KBUF last 2 days. 1:10 for that fluff last night? less then 1:10 for the 2nd. 1.4" on .19 QPF.

Feb 1st- 0.11 1.1"

Feb 2nd- 0.19 1.4"

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Better than here, 2.2" for 3 day total. 

The ratios were pretty low at KBUF last 2 days. 1:10 for that fluff last night? less then 1:10 for the 2nd. 1.4" on .19 QPF.

0.11 1.1"

0.19 1.4"

The only thing I can think of is maybe the lakes influence wasn’t as great just a few miles away...I’m always intrigued by totals...the lakes can do some goofy things with totals.

29 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Majority of models did quite poorly in northern Oswego.. Highest reported total 15" in SE lacona..

EtUWzObXEAIFSny (1).png

That map isn't accurate. The 10 inch measurement in Geneva is based off of a storm report at 12:40 AM. It did not stop snowing until 7:30 AM. The final total is closer to 14 inches.

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Syracuse was 14.5"..Not sure if that's"official" total..

NWS Albany             10.0   700 AM  2/03  CoCoRaHS

Syracuse, Hancock Field was at 10.1"  including today based on the CF6 report for the Month thusfar.  Not sure if today's 1.8" will be increased in the final number after midnight.

https://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=bgm

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Syracuse, Hancock Field was at 10.1"  including today based on the CF6 report for the Month thusfar.  Not sure if today's 1.8" will be increased in the final number after midnight.

https://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=bgm

If you look at today’s climate summary for Syracuse the total snowfall for the month, which is all from the storm, is 10.1 inches. Today’s 1.8 inches is included. 

• Like 1