• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

COBB METHOD on latest NAM 12Z is 16", up from Nothing on the 06Z.         Final Super Bowl score will be somewhere between    13-3    and    55-10.        Is that accurate enough for you?

You get to pick the team that wins. however.           Eat your pizza and do not look out the window.

IT IS BASED ON 1" OF LIQUID.      ACTUALLY IT IS BASED UPON HOW MANY KERNELS OF CORN ARE LEFT ON THE 'COBB' AFTER THE CHIEF METEOROLOGIST HAS NIBBLED ON IT FOR AN HOUR.     LOL!

Looks like it means it here:

nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_17.png

1 minute ago, CIK62 said:

COBB METHOD on latest NAM 12Z is 16", up from Nothing on the 06Z.         Final Super Bowl score will be somewhere between    13-3    and    55-10.        Is that accurate enough for you?

You get to pick the team that wins. however.           Eat your pizza and do not look out the window.

What’s the Cobb method based on? I don’t see anyone getting 16” from a fast mover like this. Maybe someone gets 10-12” in one of the heavy bands. It would be a general 6-10” type deal otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

What’s the Cobb method based on? I don’t see anyone getting 16” from a fast mover like this. Maybe someone gets 10-12” in one of the heavy bands. It would be a general 6-10” type deal otherwise. 

It sometimes overshoots. One should also use the maximum temperature algorithm for a better perspective. Here’s a paper on the Cobb Method:

https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1013&context=geoscidiss

5 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

It sometimes overshoots. One should also use the maximum temperature algorithm for a better perspective. Here’s a paper on the Cobb Method:

https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1013&context=geoscidiss

Thanks-I’ve seen it mentioned before but didn’t know much about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yes for LI maybe 

Upton and Mount Holly are probably meeting right now or planning to do so this afternoon to begin deciding whether to release Winter Storm Watches for at least some of the area or wait till Saturday AM. Walt probably knows what is going on behind the scenes right now........

17 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It’s funny how the GFS has probably been the most consistently west model the last 48 hours.  I think because the setup is rather simple in a fast flow is allowing it to grasp things better.  Normally the GFS is horrible with anything resembling a Miller A

There is going to be a limit to how much can fall due to the super fast flow. I think this is a general 2-6 inch snowfall for the metro. The NAM is overdone IMO 

• Like 1