• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Aqua-Docs
    Newest Member
    Aqua-Docs

February Banter 2021

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Hell yea if it wasn’t so freaking middle of no where that would be on my short list of places to live. Love sugarloaf also. Favorite east coast ski resort. 

If you haven’t been to Saddleback, it’s amazing. Obviously not as big as the ‘loaf, but big enough. Should be even better with the new lift.

Anyone wanna head down and skate amongst the trees? :lol:

My non tidal wetland is frozen and as expansive as I have seen it this time of year. I better order an extra container of larvacide.

skate.jpg.3a3d266aa6f43f0475876d3b24812488.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah I have seen the difference driving up to Westminster and then heading north towards Littlestown or Gettysburg and seeing the difference as you get north of Westminster, mainly with marginal events.

What’s really crazy is I usually do much better then places north of me once you get out of the ridge area but it’s not as crazy a difference as to the south. 

5 minutes ago, uncletim said:

If you haven’t been to Saddleback, it’s amazing. Obviously not as big as the ‘loaf, but big enough. Should be even better with the new lift.

They open again!!!???  I’ve always wanted too! And I love smaller resorts sometimes. A basin is one of my favorites in Colorado. 

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I am THERE!  You may have just picked my next trip!

Looks like they’re having a great season so far. Might be open well into spring.

39 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Sorry man. You ok?  I’ve had to cut out my daily walks the last couple days. Too much ice. 

Thankfully didn’t throw my neck and back out. But right lower back muscle area is pretty damn sore. 

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Flat- out nasty.  One of the best dunks I've seen in 40 years of basketball.

I don’t follow the Wolves very closely anymore, but it is nice to see something exciting happen for them.  Of course, they blew that game late, so...Minnesota sports.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t want to quote your entire post, but for me it’s not about “too much snow” rather than winter goes on too long. There’s a late season storm almost every year that’s dumping snow and ice in NE and I’m out working in the yard or garden under sunny skies, and breezy mid 50’s. I don’t want winter to outstay its welcome.

Completely agree. I lived in  northern Massachusetts and we had 74 inches of snow the winter was phenomenal, the fall incredible ,summer was great but spring took freaking forever!

I remember many days in mid to late May they were in the 40s it was just brutal. 

45 minutes ago, CAPE said:

My non tidal wetland is frozen and as expansive as I have seen it this time of year. I better order an extra container of larvacide.

skate.jpg.3a3d266aa6f43f0475876d3b24812488.jpg

Its like the Everglades but a colder version

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

I would staple some chicken wire to a sawhorse, grab a puck, stick, and skates, and change my screen name to BobbyOrr. Then I'd cross check the small diameter trees to the ground and sucker punch the big trees before going to the penalty box

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Wrote down the names of at least 6-7 decent sounding IPAs that flowed through here at happy hour (ish) last evening...thanks y'all.

Might wanna try the DFH 120 Min IPA if you never have. Beware, it is a totally different beast as IPAs go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Flat- out nasty.  One of the best dunks I've seen in 40 years of basketball.

That one was definitely greasy, though kemp, Vince, Dominique, shaq were all violent in game dunkers too, including lebron. Jordan is the goat imo but he was more stylistic, mostly bc he could palm the ball so easily and just dunk around ppl.

32 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Might wanna try the DFH 120 Min IPA if you never have. Beware, it is a totally different beast as IPAs go.

The mrs. and I have nearly dropped that 120 min IPA in our cart at Weggys several times over the past six months, trying to justify the extra cost (vs. getting a SIX-pack of one of the dozens of proven IPAs we can can get there). But -- you've pushed me over the edge, and since she's making a run tonight, I'm going to tell her to bite the bullet on the 120.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

The mrs. and I have nearly dropped that 120 min IPA in our cart at Weggys several times over the past six months, trying to justify the extra cost (vs. getting a SIX-pack of one of the dozens of proven IPAs we can can get there). But -- you've pushed me over the edge, and since she's making a run tonight, I'm going to tell her to bite the bullet on the 120.

Go for it. It is an experience. And you wont be drinking it fast lol. Sipper.

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Twice a year for the car cruise usually but not now . Just saw the radar .

Wind really kicked up a few notches here in the last few mins. The remaining ice on the top tree branches came crashing down lol.

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Wind really kicked up a few notches here in the last few mins. The remaining ice on the top tree branches came crashing down lol.

Yep...gusty here at times 

HRRR says 15 here for a morning low. 3km NAM says 23 lol.

Based on the history of this winter, I predict 20, which keeps the streak of no temps in the teens here alive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant remember the last time my snowpack held on like this in a full blazing sun. No damage at all. The pack isnt even melting off of my car in the driveway that I dont drive. Amazing actually. 

Yea my pack here is an impenetrable fortress right now. It’s got about 3” of solid concrete on the bottom and 2” on the top with like 5” of powder in the middle.  If I can tack on a few inches of wet snow Monday and have it freeze up solid Monday night might even get my glacier through the warm days next week to whatever happens in that multiple wave period next weekend and beyond and make a run at a month+ of snowcover.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant remember the last time my snowpack held on like this in a full blazing sun. No damage at all. The pack isnt even melting off of my car in the driveway that I dont drive. Amazing actually. 

30 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea my pack here is an impenetrable fortress right now. It’s got about 3” of solid concrete on the bottom and 2” on the top with like 5” of powder in the middle.  If I can tack on a few inches of wet snow Monday and have it freeze up solid Monday night might even get my glacier through the warm days next week to whatever happens in that multiple wave period next weekend and beyond and make a run at a month+ of snowcover.  

It won't be long, my friends. 

1614200400-LUevd1TTHM8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1