Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

6 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Was 15 last time I measured and snowing good but it’s blowing everywhere and hard to tell what is what with drifts.

Your having quite a winter. That much snow easily gets you above average for the whole season on Feb 1st lol. 

Here in Carlisle at 9:00pm it continues to snow lightly to occasionally moderately.  During the past 2 hours only an additional 0.3" of snow has accumulated.  That brings today's total to 5.5" and the 2-day storm total to 9.2".  Temp continues to rise very slowly, but is again at the high of the day at 30.7 degrees.  As I write this I am literally on the northwest fringe of the dry slot.  I guess we'll see what happens over the next few hours.  Maybe it fills back in some?

Back to mod snow here in Lanco. 0z NAMs say we have about 12-14 hrs left. This is a overachiever for mby. That low is just stalled and impressive to see on the models. 

Duration coupled with a run at my top end of 14” is going to give this one a high ranking for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So radar shows nothing current conditions say cloudy but its snowing hard. I know some of you reported the radar has dry slotting but still snowing im guessing its snowing at a lower lvl then the radar beam is??? Also Im guessing they are just doing observations for what the radar says not from a spotter noticed that a lot lately. 

Just now, Ruin said:

So radar shows nothing current conditions say cloudy but its snowing hard. I know some of you reported the radar has dry slotting but still snowing im guessing its snowing at a lower lvl then the radar beam is??? Also Im guessing they are just doing observations for what the radar says not from a spotter noticed that a lot lately. 

Same thing here in Enola...we're right on the edge of the dry slot but it's still snowing at a pretty decent clip for the past few hours now

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Back to mod snow here in Lanco. 0z NAMs say we have about 12-14 hrs left. This is a overachiever for mby. That low is just stalled and impressive to see on the models. 

Duration coupled with a run at my top end of 14” is going to give this one a high ranking for me. 

its funny to think all these models saying it wont stop till like 10am tuesday. but then all my local weather guys saying 10pm 11pm tonight with lingering snow showers only maybe a inch tomorrow 

Just now, TheDreamTraveler said:

Same thing here in Enola...we're right on the edge of the dry slot but it's still snowing at a pretty decent clip for the past few hours now

Ive only ever seen this happen twice in my life. radar is dry but snowing hard. if id have to guess precip is about 20 miles away from me on the west side 15 miles north and 40 miles east.

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There was not one model in the last 48 hours that forecasted over 12" here and that was a Kuch.  So I was not worried about a dry slot I was just model depicting.  Ha.  I do not have the time for fretting  anymore but I like the science of discussion.  Cashtown was the one that called my beatdown before it happened.  South mountain oragrphics and all.

It was good to have you back for this storm!

Unless I'm radar hallucinating, it almost looks like dry air is attacking the region on two fronts. One from the south and one from the northwest. The snow has lightened considerably here though during the last hour, so maybe it's real. Future radar builds it back, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. 

I did hit the semi-magical 20 inch mark, however. Not sure if I'll get the 24 inch holy grail, though.

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Unless I'm radar hallucinating, it almost looks like dry air is attacking the region on two fronts. One from the south and one from the northwest. The snow has lightened considerably here though uring the last hour, so maybe it's real. Future radar builds it back, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. 

I did hit the semi-magical 20 inch mark, however. Not sure if I'll get the 24 inch holy grail, though.

yeah dry air can be so strange for a storm why here and not over there kind of thing. yeah future radar builds it back but have been told future radar sucks pretty much. like earlier tonight it showed no dry slot or break in the precip at all till 1am.

At 10:00pm in Carlisle it continues to snow lightly.  During the past hour only an additional 0.1" of snow has fallen.  This brings the daily total to 5.6" and the 2-day storm total to 9.3".  I'm only 1.1" away from my goal.  Maybe by overnight one more good band comes through.  Temp now holding at 30.6 degrees.

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Looks like @MAG5035 is getting raked pretty good right now with some dark bands dropping down over him.  The guy up in Wellsboro looks to be doing quite well now also.

Up to 7.5" total now with about 1.5" of that coming in the last couple hours. Moderate to heavy snow and nice flakes. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

I just looked out the door in Williamsport.  Little to nothing going on.  Is that band going to come our way or will it stay right to our south?  

It’s snowing here, must be south of town mainly, but you definitely could get some more there’s some precipitation still pinwheeling down from northeast.

• Like 1