• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Aqua-Docs
    Newest Member
    Aqua-Docs

Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

2 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Waiting for it to change here in New Holland.  Hoping it's soon.  See it snowing in Centerville along route 30.

You should be really close. All snow now and definitely S+. 

C8D803F2-EB6C-4668-BEDD-0F2E24304973.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s a little late for globals, but the Euro has at least moderate snow over many of us until overnight tonight, then tapers to light snow/snow showers through tomorrow.
We still have a long way to go!
Here is the 12z Euro QPF & Kuchera snow.

B8CADA2C-24DD-4106-A6B6-0376F50A8595.thumb.png.0ccefe5e2638089eb15734dae1820b45.png
C1FD9E48-FB19-4A4F-A3DF-A4B8CD7EBAC4.thumb.png.b69867ff91cee7ccb54ecc45d5c72e1b.png

Ok. Is this additional snow?

Puking snow for at least the last 30 min. in Middletown 

Up the Swatara, same conditions. Someone reported “whiteout” conditions via text to my wife in Hershey.

SN+ in Harrisburg. This is 1.5-2”/hr  stuff. 

This is 2016 level heavy. I was praying that the orientation be this way. We have a firehouse straight from the Atlantic pointing directly at us with our raise in elevation. Depending on the extent of the stall mdt can get absolutely dumped on. This was what euro was showing yesterday and we lucked out with the banding it seems

• Like 2

Just heard from Eli Stolzfus down the street.  He said "it's makin' dawn naw!"  Visibility 1/4 mile here.

Surprised how long it's taking to mix out the sleet in Lanco. I assumed I was one of the last to flip, but I've been snow for quite some time. Already 1" new, 6.7" storm total.

Once it mixed all out, it just started puking snow.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I just hit 14".  5 inches in the last two hours.    Its intense 

I've been watching that really dark band on radar running over Adams and Franklin.  We'll have to see what Cashtown reports.  14" is incredible.  I'm only at 5.2".

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

What your location that’s pretty awesome congrats. 

At 2:00pm in Carlisle very light snow is falling.  Temperature is the high of the day at 29.1 degrees.  That wonderful band that passed over me during the past hour only lasted about 30 minutes and then quickly diminished to almost nothing.  I picked up an additional 0.5" from that band bringing my daily total to 1.5" and my storm total to 5.2".  The HRRR was showing the darkest of the bands traversing Cumberland county between 3:00 and 4:00.  Here's hoping...

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Holy crap! 

I am WFH and going out 45 min of every hour trying to keep part of my driveway open. I mentioned before that my driveway is 1/8" of a mile  cannot keep it all open but enough to get out if needed.

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I've been watching that really dark band on radar running over Adams and Franklin.  We'll have to see what Cashtown reports.  14" is incredible.  I'm only at 5.2".

He apparently had sleet for quite a bit so doubt he is up to this total.  I bet he is 10-12"

At 2:00pm in Carlisle very light snow is falling.  Temperature is the high of the day at 29.1 degrees.  That wonderful band that passed over me during the past hour only lasted about 30 minutes and then quickly diminished to almost nothing.  I picked up an additional 0.5" from that band bringing my daily total to 1.5" and my storm total to 5.2".  The HRRR was showing the darkest of the bands traversing Cumberland county between 3:00 and 4:00.  Here's hoping...

You’re just coming up for air... here it comes again.

Looks like the bands of doom are approaching Reading dropping SW.  If those hold together...holy moly.

• Like 1

Just now, Festus said:

Looks like the bands of doom are approaching Reading dropping SW.  If those hold together...holy moly.

Allentown is about to be crushed.

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

wow that's incredible!    I'm out plowing and I'm eyeballing an additional 2" so that would put me around 9" unofficially

3 minutes ago, Festus said:

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Allentown is about to be crushed.

Some areas as far north as the LV are actually mixed with or changed over to sleet based on obs in the Philly thread. 

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

wow that's incredible!    I'm out plowing and I'm eyeballing an additional 2" so that would put me around 9" unofficially

I shoveled one part of the driveway and came back to it about an hour later and there was at least 2.5" of snow on it.  It's crazy.