• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    donyewest
    Newest Member
    donyewest

Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Just a side note. Earlier—my kids asked me what time tomorrow would we have a enough snow for us to go on a “Jebwalk”?:wub:

Next to Bchill—you are legend as well my friend. Love when you chime in here from deep in the heart of TX. And so Mappy and team doesn’t zap my shit...how bout that GFS!? Looks like it might snow tomorrow....Monday....maybe Tuesday! I think that low is all TUCKED up. LOLz. 

I will ALWAYS pull for torrential snow for my old part of the country - The good old Washington Metropolitan Region!

All of you are in for a treat - and a LOT of heavy snow! That low has big plans for The Mid Atlantic, every last one of you snow enthusiasts. Get those shovels ready!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Perfect. Hoping that this first band holds up and delivers. HRRR has me with 2" on the ground in the next five hours or so -- that bit looks to be a crucial part.

Yeah that band that just passed SWVA into Lynchburg means business. I'm an hour or so west of Lynchburg in Franklin County VA and we picked up 1.25 inches in a hour. Roads are covered. 

• Like 7

This will be my daughter's first real experience with snow.  She was 3 months old back in 2019 when we got around 10" (so that doesn't count).  Then she briefly saw some snow in early 2020 (pre-pandemic), so she was just over a year, when we were visiting some friends outside NYC in NJ.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Where the hell is @Don Cherry's Jacket?   Still by far the best screenname here.

No doubt. And a hilarious avatar to go with it. I did run into one on a different interest forum that killed me. Dude's name was AmishRakeFights and had an avatar of 2 Amish dudes in a standoff holding rakes.  Maybe it's a reference to something and I don't know it but for reasons I dont really understand, I literally cracked up whenever he posted

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, ILIKERAKE said:

Wassup everyone, just joined.  Love reading yalls posts. Let's get this thing crankin! 

I brought cupcakes :snowman: 

https://tenor.com/view/cupcakes-dessert-cupcake-cupcake-day-national-cupcake-day-gif-17806175

Welcome to (mostly) snowloverville: population: snowhounds (colloquially called weenies) crazy about snow! :lol:

• Weenie 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

No doubt. And a hilarious avatar to go with it. I did run into one on a different interest forum that killed me. Dude's name was AmishRakeFights and had an avatar of 2 Amish dudes in a standoff holding rakes.  Maybe it's a reference to something and I don't but for reason I dont really understand, I literally cracked up whenever he posted

I love names like that.  Dude doesn't post much, but I don't know why his name brings me so much joy.  Even if he did something wrong, I'd probably never ban or warn him just because of his name.  That's a rare pass.  It's like an Pasta for Life card at OG.

On second thought, that's more of an insult. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

No doubt. And a hilarious avatar to go with it. I did run into one on a different interest forum that killed me. Dude's name was AmishRakeFights and had an avatar of 2 Amish dudes in a standoff holding rakes.  Maybe it's a reference to something and I don't but for reason I dont really understand, I literally cracked up whenever he posted

And that avatar has one of the milder jackets Don Cherry would wear.  The floral pattern jackets were rather memorable when he was on Hockey Night in Canada.

Euro in 10 minutes.

12 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

This will be my daughter's first real experience with snow.  She was 3 months old back in 2019 when we got around 10" (so that doesn't count).  Then she briefly saw some snow in early 2020 (pre-pandemic), so she was just over a year, when we were visiting some friends outside NYC in NJ.

My son is 8 months old so this will be his first accumulating snow.  We got some light snow earlier in the month and took him to the door to see his "first snow flakes" and he was unimpressed.  He must get that from his mother :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, fourseasons said:

And that avatar has one of the milder jackets Don Cherry would wear.  The floral pattern jackets were rather memorable.

I never knew who DC was until that guy started posting here. :yikes:

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

You guys may not feel the same way if the front side sucks and the backside untucks. Trolling spree quickly follows then a melt followed by going dark. 

bunnies everywhere beware 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

10" where? In DC? I was up in NY then so trying to put the pieces together. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

yeah Jan 2019.  I think the higher amounts were fairly localized.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I never knew who DC was until that guy started posting here. :yikes:

If you're not into hockey that's understandable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

yeah Jan 2019.  I think the higher amounts were fairly localized.

Wow I must have kind of ignored that one because it didn't register up north. After 2016-2017 NYC wasn't the greatest spot to be in, but it still beat the worst winters around here. 

It's weird because Jason from the Capital Weather Gang said this would be the first significant snow since 2016...I did a double take when he said that tbh, didn't sound right. Maybe I'm missing the context though. 

3 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

It was a really strange storm. I ended up with 11" but the way it happened wasnt really something I considered until it was happening. Not a big sized storm or anything classic with how it went down. Just a very rare reverse bust for the lucky people.