• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 26-27 light snows

ORH_wxman

regardless of any NORLUN proper realization later in the week beyond this nearer term .. that's interesting Meteorologically. 

Depending on the guidance in use, the GGEM is smearing that SPV fragment - but I am willing to side with the concerted Euro/GFS/ICON runs, which have strong consensus on that feature staying in tact as it trundles and carves SSE out of eastern Ontario.  That's gonna pass an interval of impressive instability overhead.  500 mb temperatures probably bottoming out, and the heights being so low...the 500 mb level is not exceedingly high in the atmosphere.  Bands of squalls inside of virga sky seems an easy instability realization ...whether or not that organizes around a llv trough reflection ...it could, if the motion of that SPV feature is slow enough than the convergence will tend to organize an axis and there's your NOR '   ... but either way, that's pretty damn interesting seeing that thing on the Euro and GFS like that - 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That northern stripe makes sense as that's where the upper levels and best forcing are tracking.

I think the only difference for south of 84 to the coast between the NAM and the EURO are the temps, correct? The EURO gets 4 down to the coast while NAM is 1.

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

I think the only difference for south of 84 to the coast between the NAM and the EURO are the temps, correct? The EURO gets 4 down to the coast while NAM is 1.

Surface temps don't look to be the issue.  It's how congealed the system is or is not.  Light rates over 24hrs won't accumulate much imo.  You'll want to be under heavier bands to see anything appreciable out of this.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Models are all pretty damn close at this point.  We are talking about a  20-30mi difference where best banding sets up at this point.

Yea, I think we have a pretty good idea, but to each  their own....perhaps we will have a better consensus at 3 hours lead time.

• Haha 1

I still have caution flags flying in my head over widespread snows.  I still feel that western areas will do better due to the initial forcing being better out there.  It's getting shredded as it pushes east but we could be saved if we can back the flow some due to a little redevelopment S of us for eastern areas.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

I still have caution flags flying in my head over widespread snows.  I still feel that western areas will do better due to the initial forcing being better out there.  It's getting shredded as it pushes east but we could be saved if we can back the flow some due to a little redevelopment S of us for eastern areas.

I hate these low stakes forecasts that are still a PIA.

• Like 1