Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 light snows

ORH_wxman

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

RGEM is actually a pretty decent thump during tomorrow evening for a good chunk of SNE...that initial WAA band is stronger on that model than some other guidance. One of the reasons it is spitting out near-warning snowfall.

Can you post the map, please?

Thanks.

• Weenie 1

Lol you fools. Whining is so much more fun. Went from I would take a 3 to 6 to why would I post about a 3 to 6. And Bob you have professed your hate of snow and cold perhaps a break until dry summer conditions so you can post about your exciting high temps. Ray we know you only pretend about only being interested in KUs, your surprise dusting post the other day proved it. You guys can't fool an old fool.  Your noses will be pressed against the window looking under the flood for the flakes. Also better to pick up dog poo with a shovel than change baby diapers lol.  Love the RGEM look kids and then we kick off a snowy period 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I think the RGEM has the general idea of location of banding where the NAM was further N.  Still think a disjointed mess is a possibility though. 

I never really bought into the route 2 jack idea.

I still expect little to no snow, which is why I haven't been feverishly posting about, as some suggested should be the case.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol you fools. Whining is so much more fun. Went from I would take a 3 to 6 to why would I post about a 3 to 6. And Bob you have professed your hate of snow and cold perhaps a break until dry summer conditions so you can post about your exciting high temps. Ray we know you only pretend about only being interested in KUs, your surprise dusting post the other day proved it. You guys can fool an old fool.  Your noses will be pressed against the window looking under the flood for the flakes. Also better to pick up dog poo with a shovel than change baby diapers lol.  Love the RGEM look kids and we kick off a snowy period 

Will  I appreciate an inch or two  in a snow famine? Of course....never denied that. But I won't be glued to the computer over it...

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Would it be warning though? Given the duration?

Well for a warning I think it's 6" in less than 24 hours or 8" for any amount of duration. So the duration only matters if it's greater than 6 but less than 8....my guess is we aren't getting amounts quite that high anyway. But can't totally rule them out.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol you fools. Whining is so much more fun. Went from I would take a 3 to 6 to why would I post about a 3 to 6. And Bob you have professed your hate of snow and cold perhaps a break until dry summer conditions so you can post about your exciting high temps. Ray we know you only pretend about only being interested in KUs, your surprise dusting post the other day proved it. You guys can't fool an old fool.  Your noses will be pressed against the window looking under the flood for the flakes. Also better to pick up dog poo with a shovel than change baby diapers lol.  Love the RGEM look kids and then we kick off a snowy period 

I loathed the wind/temps Sat/Sun.  Give me mid 40s all Winter over that shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well for a warning I think it's 6" in less than 24 hours or 8" for any amount of duration. So the duration only matters if it's greater than 6 but less than 8....my guess is we aren't getting amounts quite that high anyway. But can't totally rule them out.

Will I believe here for KBOX CWA its 6: in 12 hours or 8" in 24 hours for winter storm warning criteria to be met.  Remember that NYD's event sometime in the past ten or so years that retrograded back in from Nova Scotia, and places along the Outer Cape got 11-12" while parts further west received a lot less?  We could see amounts increase further east as we get within the 48 hour period for Friday.  So tomorrow's 12z runs!

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Will I believe here for KBOX CWA its 6: in 12 hours or 8" in 24 hours for winter storm warning criteria to be met.  Remember that NYD's event sometime in the past ten or so years that retrograded back in from Nova Scotia, and places along the Outer Cape got 11-12" while parts further west received a lot less?  We could see amounts increase further east as we get within the 48 hour period for Friday.  So tomorrow's 12z runs!

Your correct James. It is 6" in 12 hours or 8" in 24 hours. I forgot that definition. Good job.

• Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I still have caution flags flying in my head over widespread snows.  I still feel that western areas will do better due to the initial forcing being better out there.  It's getting shredded as it pushes east but we could be saved if we can back the flow some due to a little redevelopment S of us for eastern areas.

GFS exemplifies this to a T.  Could be wrong though as well,