• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

Love the euro/ukie runs. I mean yea, who doesnt want a clean coastal but only a fool would be picky at this point. Well, we're all fools anyway but even foolish fools shouldnt be too fooly now. Classic thump/mix/semi-moist dryslot (attn RR) is setting up inside of 5 days. The setup in front of the storm is really on 2-3 days out. I dont think the trend colder/wintrier is done yet.

We'll prob lose some ground in the short range but hard to be mad right now. One thing I say often is when midlevel cold is kinda wimpy with deep southerly flow, sleet will almost always take over sooner than modeled in nova/dc/md burbs. And that's fine with me. Anything but a gullywasher. I need one of these deals to work out to justify my return this year. The struggle is real. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

We’ve been duped with this before but maybe this one works out 

65% chance we're headed for Heartbreak Hotel.  That's why I want suppressed because the models will correct a little bit 

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

1613692800-5D4ZyAHUVXY.png

1613757600-1YAn16c2pG8.png

SOLD

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Love the euro/ukie runs. I mean yea, who doesnt want a clean coastal but only a fool would be picky at this point. Well, we're all fools anyway but even foolish fools should be too fooly now. Classic thump/mix/semi-moist dryslot (attn RR) is setting up inside of 5 days. The setup in front of the storm is really on 2-3 days out. I dont think the trend colder/wintrier is done yet.

We'll prob lose some ground in the short range but hard to be mad right now. One thing I say often is when midlevel cold is kinda wimpy with deep southerly flow, sleet will almost always take over sooner than modeled in nova/dc/md burbs. And that's fine with me. Anything but a gullywasher. I need one of these deals to work out to justify my return this year. The struggle is real. 

There's an outside shot at mostly snow if this keeps moving SE.  At some point tho, it's gonna stop and hopefully just hold.

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

There's an outside shot at mostly snow if this keeps moving SE.  At some point tho, it's gonna stop and hopefully just hold.

There is. On the euro, that little upper level eyeball due north of us in Canada is beating down the ridge and creating just enough confluence to give us an outside chance. It's not the only thing helping obviously but it's an important one. If that keeps ticking stronger and souther run over run,  I'll allow myself to acknowledge a chance at a real snowfall this time. I'm jaded af tho. Heck, we all are. But this is only 72hrs out....

ecmwf_z500a_us_4.png

• Like 1

There is. On the euro, that little upper level eyeball due north of us in Canada is beating down the ridge and creating just enough confluence to give us an outside chance. It's not the only thing helping obviously but it's an important one. If that keeps ticking stronger and souther run over run,  I'll allow myself to acknowledge a chance at a real snowfall this time. I'm jaded af tho. Heck, we all are. But this is only 72hrs out....
ecmwf_z500a_us_4.png&key=a0b9c16c68fcf52a1ffb14343411e2c0ae3413624611d6280f8d342ec92f5f87
That did trend west quiet a bit from same time yesterday

ecmwf_z500a_us_4.png&key=a0b9c16c68fcf52a1ffb14343411e2c0ae3413624611d6280f8d342ec92f5f87
Bob 12z yesterday that low was near sw pa....now its well under us in sc. Eps had 2 distinct clusters

443309e7185020d828e93c7c95ae8150.jpg43c232b7277ad9083bceeb66aa8fe59d.jpg

13 minutes ago, Ji said:

Euro d10 looks not so nina

Scand ridge is blocking up the n atl flow. I've seen far worse op runs recently. I'm like 100% done caring about d7+ on any models. Good or bad it doesnt matter. Good looks turn into doo doo and doo doo looks turn into good. But by the time the mid range hits, it looks nothing like either. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Awilson said:

Muahahaha

Maybe try explaining exactly what you are trying to illustrate when you post these panels. They seem totally random and are useless without any context. I mean, most of what you are posting seems pretty useless regardless. Its like.. yaaaay look I got Pivotal weather!

• Like 4

Just now, LP08 said:

EPS further souther and easter.  Not a terrible look.imageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486c

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-east-mslp_with_low_locs-3692800.png

NW folks look to be in pretty decent shape for significant frozen. Not sure how acceptable an outcome is in the cards for I-95 and esp east. Probably about as good as it gets right now given the synoptics and the time frame.

Just now, CAPE said:

NW folks look to be in pretty decent shape for significant frozen. Not sure how acceptable an outcome is in the cards for I-95 and esp east. Probably about as good as it gets right now given the synoptics and the time frame.

For sure.  Hopefully the NW crew really cashes in for once.:hurrbear:

In all seriousness, trends are good for at least some frozen for all before whatever mess follows.