Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

18 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Just wanna chat about cciv and Lucid today. Straight cash money 

25% boom , exciting ( as long as they actually use Cciv to go public )

ACTC is in that same space and maybe you’ve heard of it , FIII is going to bring Electric last mile public as well (same space) . Big potential 

AMBL has my interest as well , some Tesla And FB brain power But mineral extracting lithium recycling etc 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Was gonna say the battery is low...hence the message. You have that 123 battery in the ISS? Sometimes on a new station I've seen it not really "kick in" until the sun gets on the solar panel. You're receiving packets though because you're reporting rain. Make sure the temp/hum sensor is plugged into the right spot securely I guess.

I had that solar issue at work. 

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Was gonna say the battery is low...hence the message. You have that 123 battery in the ISS? Sometimes on a new station I've seen it not really "kick in" until the sun gets on the solar panel. You're receiving packets though because you're reporting rain. Make sure the temp/hum sensor is plugged into the right spot securely I guess.

It was the connector.  Must have come loose when set it up.  Reading temps now.  Still need to replace battery and do final set up but we on the path.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

https://www.weatherlink.com/map/bf416d5c-625b-4754-b948-8e1dea7df83c

Here’s my station.  Just need to mount on pole and do final siting.  Temps will be fun to compare to TAN.

Nice. Saved it. Here's mine...the wind is dead though. Another project for the spring.

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/e898c3c1-839e-401a-9af1-4f80b0ef7c0e

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I feel like weather station tech should get cheaper in coming years. I cant help but think they are over priced by several hundred dollars. There's no real value option without cutting corners. And of course at my first real home I want an online one. Something I've always promised myself Id get lol 

The station I just purchased was like 44% off list price.  Deal was too big to pass up and based upon posters reaction, I got a great deal.

39 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You guys are nuts, $600? Mad props though. I stil haven’t put up my little $150 station, I’ve been procrastinating. 

You aren't a real weenie then. Legit. I would die to have a properly set up station here with online link. Too much asphalt no space etc. Third floor of triple decker. 

52 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You guys are nuts, $600? Mad props though. I stil haven’t put up my little $150 station, I’ve been procrastinating. 

I’m pretty happy with my Ambient. I think it was $120. I could have it sited better, especially for wind but it works well and the set up was easy. 

10 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

You aren't a real weenie then. Legit. I would die to have a properly set up station here with online link. Too much asphalt no space etc. Third floor of triple decker. 

I prefer life over a proper station but I understand the desire. Just set it up in that asphalt haven so DIT can use it as Boston’s official readings in the summer.