Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

Just now, psuhoffman said:

18z Gfs op lost the epo ridge totally. Instead it’s a flat central pac ridge and we see the results. The blocking is crazy but it can’t offset that pac. Hopefully it’s just a bad op run. 

Let’s just root for the most epic block fail scenario ever in recorded history.  It might be more fun

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

18z Gfs op lost the epo ridge totally. Instead it’s a flat central pac ridge and we see the results. The blocking is crazy but it can’t offset that pac. Hopefully it’s just a bad op run. 

“Hopefully it’s just a bad op run” - winter 2019-2021.

• Sad 1

Just now, jaydreb said:

To be clear, I don’t mean good in terms of snow.  Just good in terms of keeping the general pattern it has been showing.  

Yes.  I knew that.  But if we lose the pattern too then plant your grass seed and start getting in shape for spring. 

35 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Why is this a surprise ? It has happened literally every time. And last winter too.  Pac is King . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Thanks for that Will.  I was getting too enthused.  If I buy the bullet can you load the gun for me.  Thanks in advance.  

None of us will do it, but to keep your sanity, one should just not look  at the models for five days and then check back in....the head fakes from run to run are crazy...

41 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

GEFS looks OK.  At least through 198.  

39 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Good because that op run was brutal.  Maybe academy award winning worst ever January with a block run in a supporting role. 

32 minutes ago, snowfan said:

“Hopefully it’s just a bad op run” - winter 2019-2021.

The 18zgefs does not agree wrt EPO. Even stronger poleward ridge then 12z. Was probably just an op at range on a tangent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The 18zgefs does not agree wrt EPO. Even stronger poleward ridge then 12z. Was probably just an op at range on a tangent. 

have you noticed that no matter what combination the pattern is--the models wont give us any blue? 

56 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

BAMWX corrupted me not to ever believe a  forecasted - EPO ,  my bad. 

And wow , this is nuts ! 

E45FCDD0-6F5F-4F2E-8D09-C87994845099.png.de7e5ea3583f064bc7d4d17a991d650a.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

I mean, strong -AO/-NAO/-EPO starting at day 7, and plus it's currently only Jan 12th

What professional forecasting outfit responds to a guy with 66 followers like this?  No Pro met can get a fair shake in here or on social but this is just some JV shit if you ask me. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic