Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020/2021 Short Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

6 minutes ago, kevlon62 said:

Scored a quick 4" tonight.

Ended up out on the sleds just after darkness fell with flurries in the wake of the initial light snow band. Did a quick zip up to Hebron and back, not aware of the heavy snow incoming. Got absolutely slammed the last few miles. Lost the horizon in all directions and had to take it slow but close to home so it was a blast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised, I knew you got it good. Well, I'm a bit surprised, 4" is a lot, but I figured at least 3"! Lucky dog! 

48 minutes ago, dmc76 said:

Few more tenths over night put us slightly over 3”. Very nice surprise 

Wow that’s way more then what we got up here in northern St Clair county, maybe 1/2” over this way. I see your in Lakeville, I have always loved that area. It’s only 12 or so miles south west of where I live now but I’ve always thought that area was like being up north, lakes, hills, trees, I would love to have a small place on that lake. Definitely my favorite area in all of southeast MI, no question. 

• Like 1

picked up 1.1" here and at DTW.  The heavy band in Detroit's northern suburbs drops 2.5 to 3" in a narrow swath and there was another band of around 2" near Monroe. Most of the rest of the area got around an inch give or take. It's also a dry fluffy snow which settles fast, again in contrast many of our lower ratio snows of this season.

It did present a perfect photo opportunity for my Christmas trees that are sitting on the curb awaiting recycling

FB_IMG_1611159094947.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, McHenrySnow said:

That wind is really blowing this evening, we've got blowing snow, and temp is now up to 29ª after 5º this morning and a slow and steady climb throughout the day.

Lots of drivers in ditches locally. I think there was a lot of complacency as no snow was falling, but the roads were very slick with blowing and drifting 

• Like 1