Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Just looked at the Para Goofus, the 6z went warm for most of SNE...very little snow outside of the western areas and DE Maine. Interesting model battle it seems...

That’s because it has like no precip. You can see it tries to flip areas offshore at hr 54 in the meat of that stuff. We’ll need that. 

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s because it has like no precip. You can see it tries to flip areas offshore at hr 54 in the meat of that stuff. We’ll need that. 

all the models have a "screw zone" in SNE...the new NAM shows it too

probably advisory event for most until you get to Maine....

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

If weenies want the glean a positive out of that is the elongation of the ULL may be able to pinch on S of LI and slow the storm enough to back the flow

I don’t think that part of the storm is going to hit SNE. It’s going to be the initial thump from the main vortmax that is pretty far west...that’s the part id expect to look better as we get closer. The ferocious CCB and stall is likely going to stay offshore though maybe eastern areas still get lucky. 

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

If weenies want the glean a positive out of that is the elongation of the ULL may be able to pinch on S of LI and slow the storm enough to back the flow

The Nam did what the others were doing yesterday at the surface, The H5 track wasn't bad.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t think that part of the storm is going to hit SNE. It’s going to be the initial thump from the main vortmax that is pretty far west...that’s the part id expect to look better as we get closer. The ferocious CCB and stall is likely going to stay offshore though maybe eastern areas still get lucky. 

That’s what I’m saying.  I still think your area up into coastal NH could get clipped by CCB.  The WCB is a lock IMO for N and W of PVD/BOS line.

I just hope that the few weenies that still use qpf to live and die with take heed at what the Mets and folks in the know are saying. There will be more qpf than modeled and there won’t be a subby zone like you’d see in a big wound up coastal. This will be a nice widespread 6+ deal. The one concern is coastal areas and BL temps. Hopefully those areas are ok . When these go out south of LI.. most folks win 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just hope that the few weenies that still use qpf to live and die with take heed at what the Mets and folks in the know are saying. There will be more qpf than modeled and there won’t be a subby zone like you’d see in a big wound up coastal. This will be a nice widespread 6+ deal. The one concern is coastal areas and BL temps. Hopefully those areas are ok . When these go out south of LI.. most folks win 

Lol - sounds good

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

12 Z HRRR looks like the Euro 

sn10_acc.us_ne (9).png

Difference is likely a lot more to come for eastern areas whereas euro was done after the initial shot. That hrrr run was starting to slow and back in from the east with the potent CCB.