Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

7 minutes ago, tarheelwx said:

I'd love to get an old fashioned triad winter storm - 2-3" of snow, 1/2" of sleet, and then a good 1/4" or more of freezing rain.  Back when I was a kid, it seemed like we got 1 or 2 of those every year.  

TW

Maybe not in those exact proportions, but the Triad has not lacked snow over the last decade

Just now, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Maybe not in those exact proportions, but the Triad has not lacked snow over the last decade

I agree.  We have done so much better than those not far to our south and east.  We've seen a respectable amount of snow, but not much in the way of ice.  

TW

Just now, tarheelwx said:

I agree.  We have done so much better than those not far to our south and east.  We've seen a respectable amount of snow, but not much in the way of ice.  

TW

Last major ice storms in Alamance Co were back-to-back 1st and 3rd week of March 2014. Power was out for a few days with the first one, don't recall for the 2nd.

March7_2014.jpg

March18_2014.jpg

why can't we for once get colder and stay cold before the storm, why every time does it seem to get warmer and rain.  why couldn't the storm Saturday night be more south, I might have known the Euro was going to cave to the GFS since this is the one showing the warm solution.  :facepalm::axe:  I was hoping for once this would turn in our favor.