Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

Just now, wncsnow said:

More of a nuisance event on the NAM for most of NC except for far NW corner and higher elevations on the Blue Ridge 

Not because it’s not to my liking but it’s the 60hr Nam. Take it with caution. Euro has more or less been in lock step with the overall Synoptics and placement of primary.

Just now, BornAgain13 said:

Yeah man , just comparing the EURO/NAM for your area , you go from around 10"+ down to 0 with the NAM

Unless guidance does a complete 180 I take this run with a grain of salt. Hey maybe it’s right but I would be willing to wager. Nam has become quite a garbage model as of late IMO 

9 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

RDPS looks similar just a tad warmer 

RDPS implies a large wedge down toward the triangle. Looked at 2m temps and they are borderline down that way around 32-33 but with that wedge could easily trend toward ice. Sleet line is up toward Bornagain but overall a nice run to have it spit out some wintry weather. 

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

RDPS implies a large wedge down toward the triangle. Looked at 2m temps and they are borderline down that way around 32-33 but with that wedge could easily trend toward ice. Sleet line is up toward Bornagain but overall a nice run to have it spit out some wintry weather. 

I will take what I can get here after the past 25 months. If it's an inch or 2 of snow and sleet and crusty glaze on top I would be happy 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

I think this mainly comes down to a temperature forecast cause the models are throwing the warm advection precip right at us for the most part.  Not sure how the temps will trend between now and Sunday, but they probably aren't going to change too much.  Here is the precip swath on the Euro and RGEM

y6UCH7m.gif

Hoping not in the snow hole again next to the blueridge and at nc va border 

Just now, Ghicks said:
6 minutes ago, griteater said:

I think this mainly comes down to a temperature forecast cause the models are throwing the warm advection precip right at us for the most part.  Not sure how the temps will trend between now and Sunday, but they probably aren't going to change too much.  Here is the precip swath on the Euro and RGEM

y6UCH7m.gif

I don't think that will be a problem for you this time. No downsloping with the SW flow 

1 minute ago, Ghicks said:
7 minutes ago, griteater said:

y6UCH7m.gif

I agree with @wncsnow as well. Gonna have some nice lift and ring out some moisture with this one. We will also have hopefully timed the cold air to the best of our abilities before the fire hose shuts off so to speak.

Just now, griteater said:

Here is the 850mb warm advection (in pink) generating the lift for precip...it's the most reliable kind there is IMO...probably not super long in duration though, maybe 9 hours or so

ApeHlWo.gif

In your opinion what kind of precip do you think we will see 

1 minute ago, griteater said:

Here is the 850mb warm advection (in pink) generating the lift for precip on the GFS...it's the most reliable kind there is IMO...probably not super long in duration though, maybe 9 hours or so

ApeHlWo.gif

Grit what’s your gut tell you based off experience? Does the primary make it as far east ala GFS camp or do you feel like a Euro/Ukie and to an extent CMC win out?

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Grit what’s your gut tell you based off experience? Does the primary make it as far east ala GFS camp or do you feel like a Euro/Ukie and to an extent CMC win out?

Well I'd have to lean away from the GFS against the others, but I don't know that the setup really is going to be all that different in the end.  Where you are, it's probably mostly snow, then maybe some sleet as the cold will want to hang in there longer and the precip will be out of there before there is enough time to really scour it out...those are my thoughts on it

• Thanks 1