joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

2 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

Not too interested I hope. :)

GSP.....

.LONG TERM /SUNDAY THROUGH TUESDAY/... As of 230 PM Wednesday...onset of precip will be Saturday evening, depending on placement of best moisture and timing of shortwave trough the region, which GFS and European models still disagree on. ECMWF still shows a coastal low developing and passing south of our CWA, which introduces a threat of winter wx, though it`s still too far out to pin down any details. GFS leans more into the coastal low setup as of the 12z run. Either case is likely to produce some snow showers in the mountains but if ECMWF guidance pans out then this could extend into the NC Piedmont. In any case, chilly temps will stay in place through Tuesday, before a new upper system approaches from the west. Models diverge greatly as far as timing and dynamics of this system.

• Like 1

Man we cannot catch a break in the foothills this winter. Hopefully the models trend better for snow this weekend but not looking good with this storm at the moment just like all the other storms this winter. Semi Cold air in place storm comes cold air leaves storms over cold air returns. Over and over all winter. Not giving up hope yet  but very discouraging at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jmoon said:

Man we cannot catch a break in the foothills this winter. Hopefully the models trend better for snow this weekend but not looking good with this storm at the moment just like all the other storms this winter. Semi Cold air in place storm comes cold air leaves storms over cold air returns. Over and over all winter. Not giving up hope yet  but very discouraging at this point.

You are right my friend. We need a storm badly. We don't live in an area where it doesn't snow more than an inch in 25 months and it be the norm. We should be getting multiple 4 inch storms a season. Our average is 7 to 10 inches a season, and much more if you have a little elevation. 

GFS Continues to look dreadful

• Like 1

@wncsnow your exactly right i'm a little south of you in rutherford county and average 7 inches a snow a winter. I have had a whopping 1 1/2 Inches the last 25 months. I know how you feel as well because your closer to the snow in the mountains than I am. we should have put several 2-4 Inch snows on the board this season with so many storms. If it keeps up raining I will be flooding soon. great talking to you my foothill neighbor. Hopefully we can bring one home before our time runs this winter.

[mention=3725]wncsnow[/mention] your exactly right i'm a little south of you in rutherford county and average 7 inches a snow a winter. I have had a whopping 1 1/2 Inches the last 25 months. I know how you feel as well because your closer to the snow in the mountains than I am. we should have put several 2-4 Inch snows on the board this season with so many storms. If it keeps up raining I will be flooding soon. great talking to you my foothill neighbor. Hopefully we can bring one home before our time runs this winter.

In Rutherford also over in Bostic and I 100% agree. Been a rough two years.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. I'm in danieltown. It's been tough sledding for us in the foothills the last 2 winters since the dec 2018 storm. I had a feeling we would pay for that storm because it was such a good snowstorm for us. Hopefully Things will turn around for us soon. We're sure do a decent snowstorm around here.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jmoon said:

I know what you mean. I'm in danieltown. It's been tough sledding for us in the foothills the last 2 winters since the dec 2018 storm. I had a feeling we would pay for that storm because it was such a good snowstorm for us. Hopefully Things will turn around for us soon. We're sure do a decent snowstorm around here.  

I literally thought the same thing yesterday watching the model runs come in. We were too fortunate with that storm! It’s almost as if we used up all of our good-will with Mother Nature for the foreseeable future when she decided to gift us with 1-2 ft. I still look back at that event thread and reminisce :(.

• Like 1