Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

6 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I do feel a March snowstorm is coming for most here 

If we do get the unusual measurable snowfall in March, like you I believe this would be the type of year (winter) for it.

Any other models showing this storm?  I didn't purchase the model suite this year and have to admit, it feels good asking that question.  It's probably been since 2005 since I've asked that...:D

We do have weekend rule on our side. :D:arrowhead:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I just can’t :lol:

BA1980B7-F0A7-4022-B062-D2F522D2DE23.jpeg

The most snow I've ever seen is Jan 2011 in Athens, GA. 8.8 inches. I'm in Norfolk, VA now. That would be INSANE haha 

14 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Should we from now on instead of cutting totals in half cut them down to 15% of what’s shown? Just to save ourselves the heartbreak :lol:

0.  34 degree rain :)

DC will get 5 inches and then sleet and they'll all whine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Should we from now on instead of cutting totals in half cut them down to 15% of what’s shown? Just to save ourselves the heartbreak :lol:

That sounds good to me 3” would like quadruple my winter total :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, frazdaddy said:

I will check back in on Wed. and see how this is working out.

I'll check back on Feb 26th after the late night model runs, cut whatever the clown maps show by 2/3rds, increase the the temps to 32.5° and divide all of that by zero.  That is precisely what I will get.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, frazdaddy said:

I will check back in on Wed. and see how this is working out.

That should put me firmly above 75” of digital snow from the GFS this season. Solid win for sure 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

I'll check back on Feb 26th after the late night model runs, cut whatever the clown maps show by 2/3rds, increase the the temps to 32.5° and divide all of that by zero.  That is precisely what I will get.

Someone on the MA board said it perfectly: it only snows when it’s above freezing now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I just can’t :lol:

BA1980B7-F0A7-4022-B062-D2F522D2DE23.jpeg

Feb. 27 eh.  Interesting. It can happen.  This was my backyard on Feb 27, 2004.  I had accumulated around four inches during the day but this is the 20” I ended up with after more than three hours of unbelievably heavy thunder snow. It wasn’t just rumbling thunder in the distance. Some of the flashes lit the yard like daylight.

I could stand a repeat.

xlarge.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jburns said:

Feb. 27 eh.  Interesting. It can happen.  This was my backyard on Feb 27, 2004.  I had accumulated around four inches during the day but this is the 20” I ended up with after more than three hours of unbelievably heavy thunder snow. It wasn’t just rumbling thunder in the distance. Some of the flashes lit the yard like daylight.

I could stand a repeat.

xlarge.jpg

If I remember correctly, that was an upper level low where the deformation band set up over you for hours.

3 minutes ago, rduwx said:

If I remember correctly, that was an upper level low where the deformation band set up over you for hours.

Yep. Less than 15 miles to the north the airport got a total of 6”. EDIT: As I remember it. Could be an inch or two either way.

5 minutes ago, jburns said:

Yep. Less than 15 miles to the north the airport got a total of 6”. EDIT: As I remember it. Could be an inch or two either way.

I also remember being jealous! :D

• Haha 1

Just now, rduwx said:

I also remember being jealous! :D

It was quite the storm. One of the biggest snows I’ve been in as an adult. I didn’t rub it in though. Much. :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jburns said:

I could stand a repeat.

That picture is a classic on this board.  One of the best...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

That picture is a classic on this board.  One of the best...

That picture doesn’t even look like it belongs on this board... I’m used to measuring sticks stuck on car hoods claiming over an inch and pics of yards with grass popping out and decks where you can see wood through the snow and people declaring it’s “puking” or “pouring snow” 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

That picture doesn’t even look like it belongs on this board... I’m used to measuring sticks stuck on car hoods claiming over an inch and pics of yards with grass popping out and decks where you can see wood through the snow and people declaring it’s “puking” or “pouring snow” 

Lol.  I agree. Since we seem to be in a lull right now I can add a few more details that will clearly show the rate of snowfall.  The photos I took all have a time stamp in the EXIF of the original. So here are three shots that I took during the fun part of the storm with the time taken. Basically they are 2 hours apart. 

9:21 PM. Feb 26, 2004

standard.jpg

11:37 PM Feb 26, 2004

standard.jpg

1:36 AM Feb 27, 2005

large.jpg

• Like 6