• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

41 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Dude I get it, but why? Why throw that negativity out there right now. Just let them enjoy it. Maybe that’s why this board is cursed is bc all the negativity around here lol

Your positivity is appreciated but misplaced. No hope here, move along now 

54 minutes ago, Grayman said:

I sit just south of that snow line. It’s a tough snow life here. Lol @NorthHillsWx will enjoy this lol

You, sir, deserve a permanent front row seat in the whining (winning) thread after the last few years. Rough times down there my friend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grayman said:

I sit just south of that snow line. It’s a tough snow life here. Lol @NorthHillsWx will enjoy this lol

Currently at Officially 20" here near Jonesville, Va in Lee County. We've had the most snow this year than we've had since 2015.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

You, sir, deserve a permanent front row seat in the whining (winning) thread after the last few years. Rough times down there my friend 

All I need is to miss a storms that goes south and East and my winter will be complete 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

Sure glad I just installed a new generator.

Congratulations.  They’re great to have.  I’ve had my 22kw generator for a year now and not a single significant storm-related outage to show for it.  Not even a tropical system.  I’ve jinxed us.  :lol:

I am excited, everything in this county is above ground. We lose power when the deer fart and I have some elders with me. Hopefully I didn't make the snow fairy's mad lol.

Sux about Petr, but Optimus is stepping up.  Hopefully Jacob has shaken the cobwebs out. 8pm tonight giterdone!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Sux about Petr, but Optimus is stepping up.  Hopefully Jacob has shaken the cobwebs out. 8pm tonight giterdone!

Petr is like an orange barrel out there.  Everyone insists on sliding into him lately.  Bad luck.  I hope they can continue this momentum they have.  With the abbreviated season, getting off to a good start is important because a slump later is always possible.  Banking some points now eases the pressure later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

I love when people use words like pummeled and plastered... when in reality it’s light/moderate precipitation. 

I guess it’s all relative.  Our context is different compared to, say, Buffalo.  :D  To snow-starved Southrons, moderate snow does indeed feel like a pummeling.

21 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

I love when people use words like pummeled and plastered... when in reality it’s light/moderate precipitation. 

Or my fav..... “Bomb incoming” “BOOM” like ok guy relax lol and can anyone forget “Puking” or “Ripping Fatties” lol

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

Reminds me of fishing stories I've heard. 

Just now, Buckethead said:

That map is 20-25" too low for my area (Wolf Laurel). I wonder how they come up with these totals. I'm guessing radar data is part of it, which would explain why it's off by so much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I think it is from snowfall reports sent into tjhe local NWS office.  Plus the mountains you wont get exactly spot on as there are so many different variants that can cause snowfall to be different from mile to mile

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Or my fav..... “Bomb incoming” “BOOM” like ok guy relax lol and can anyone forget “Puking” or “Ripping Fatties” lol

Must be a shampoo shortage because there is dandruff pasting the ground right now 

• Haha 2

Folks, occurred to me a few days ago while buying vintage lamps that if I can buy a vintage lamp, I can probably spend some money on a pay site- is wxbell still the leader here?

1 minute ago, ILMRoss said:

Folks, occurred to me a few days ago while buying vintage lamps that if I can buy a vintage lamp, I can probably spend some money on a pay site- is wxbell still the leader here?

I think so. I like the extracted data from F5 but it seems spurious at times. I dont like the interface at weathermodels.com at all. Pivotal isnt awful but lacks the extracted stuff that I really like but does have arguably the best UKMET data. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatherNature said:

Awwww, man!  Don't get me started on those trite and exaggerated colloquialisms used for snowing rates, lol.  A couple more that's used regularly are "puking" and "ripping."  I don't care if it's actually snowing heavily or lightly, those sayings are rather annoying.  

I just noticed Panther Justin basically stated verbatim, lol.

57 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

That map is 20-25" too low for my area (Wolf Laurel). I wonder how they come up with these totals. I'm guessing radar data is part of it, which would explain why it's off by so much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Map is too low for NE NC. I was there 2 days after the storm and there was still more than 4 inches easy in the shade after 2 days of melting and compacting 

• Like 1