• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

The GFS still makes me queasy but even Boston Mets seem to think the Euro may have a better grasp of the potential situation. That being said, It overall, as many have already alluded to, once this thing goes off the coast it will hit a "Brick Wall" of cold. Usually I like my high pressure center to the north/northwest of New England Draining cold air in (More Classic) than a high pressure situated north/northeast of here, draining the cold air down. This explains very well the abrupt right hook the storm center takes to the east/northeast instead of just classically northeastward.

The S/w was initially stronger this run but the confluence was a little stronger too, so we ended up with opposing forces with the confluence getting the net victory with a slight nudge south. 

Tonight is when the main shortwave comes on shore out west so we’ll see if that drastically alters the solutions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The S/w was initially stronger this run but the confluence was a little stronger too, so we ended up with opposing forces with the confluence getting the net victory with a slight nudge south. 

Tonight is when the main shortwave comes on shore out west so we’ll see if that drastically alters the solutions. 

yeah, tonight's runs and tomorrow's 12z we can tighten the goalpoasts