Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

It did to a degree. It was chiefly modeled as a deep MA storm, then gradually shifted up to jack NYC area in the final day or so. Boston ended up with 6-8" when we were looking at cirrus for most of the lead up model runs.

Yes, I stand corrected. I was in grad school then and checked out when I knew I would ne brushed

• Like 1

To me the only thing that messes up a potential KU in this event is the trailing shortwave that enters the longwave trough as the storm gets going off the NC coastline and begins to track northward.  The trailing northern stream shortwave dampens the trough as it goes negative tilt.  This makes the trough less amplified and therefore more progressive.  We can still get a major snowfall from this setup, it will just not be the near crippling potential that we saw a few days back.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I thought there was not much change and qpf and snow totals quite similar 

Yeah it was similar but definitely a little bit squeezed compared to 00z. 

I get that everyone is dying for a huge system, but people need to remember this is like 90-96 hours out still. We’re not even using the NAM/RGEM yet...it feels like this should be about 48 hours out given how long we’ve been tracking it but it still has a long ways to go. 

Never any guarantees but I still like the idea of bumping a bit north given the deep shortwave associated with this. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Snows all day Thursday 

It snowed all day last weekend too.....didn't work out so great.  lol

31 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I still think it will end up edging north, but going to need to sweat it out.

Are you still planning on your 1st call today?  It was a lot more clear yesterday.  lol

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

U beat me to it. It was a solid jump north on the ec/uk the night of, near whiffing CT and s ri and mass then a huge jog N pushed us into 12+ amounts. Warnings hoisted last minute while it was already snowing in NYC. Just as will said didn't make it far enough N to your area last minute, still think u got like 6 tho no?

Capture.PNG

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Yeah I remember that one very well. The NAM led the way.

5 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Remember the GFS has led Jerry. Caution.

I dunno like two other models trended north at 12z. GFS even bumped slightly north even though it is still the furthest south model. Euro trended slightly south. I’m not seeing any sort of golden nugget here by the GFS. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it was similar but definitely a little bit squeezed compared to 00z. 

I get that everyone is dying for a huge system, but people need to remember this is like 90-96 hours out still. We’re not even using the NAM/RGEM yet...it feels like this should be about 48 hours out given how long we’ve been tracking it but it still has a long ways to go. 

Never any guarantees but I still like the idea of bumping a bit north given the deep shortwave associated with this. 

Long ways indeed, though the degree of model consistency at this point is noteworthy in my view.... but yeah. Things bad could happen to it 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Absolutely. It is certainly possible. I still like my 70/30 euro/gfs blend. 

All guidance seems to have come around to the sharp exit stage left. What latitude that happens is key for SNE and CNE. NNE not looking great but still time.