Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No it isn't. My fear of subby if mid level deformation to my NW working on concert with low level forcing to my se owed to low level fronto (OES) to pin relative subby hole in this region....and its not too early. Its been clear for days. OES signal to me se...and now a mid level signal to my NW....do the math....its okay, I won't get mad,...you can say it lol

The banding sig is all over the place...some runs its over you and others its just NW of you and some of the more suppressed runs like 12z euro yesterday its south of you. There's no way to know that you will be getting some big screwgie at this time lead.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thank you for acknowledging the subsidence elephant.

I missed this post.

My hope is there isn't one, but my gut says there will based upon what I see in the upper/mid-levels.  There looks to be a pretty solid front band that pushes inland from the initial storm intensifying S of us.  That band will rot inland  and another will develop along the southern areas as the low starts pushing eastward.  This would be over Eastern areas.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I think that’s the main risk for us. It should still be great statewide, but we’re kind of playing with fire with some level of slotting. 

When I saw lots of 06 z runs pull up the dividing line between magenta and purple on kuch snowfall to about a  north haven- Ledyard- Hopkinton line, it was kinda creepy. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The banding sig is all over the place...some runs its over you and others its just NW of you and some of the more suppressed runs like 12z euro yesterday its south of you. There's no way to know that you will be getting some big screwgie at this time lead.

Yes....if mid level banding sets up here, which it could...fine. But you and I both know its more likely to be NW with the late tics.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

My hope is there isn't one, but my gut says there will based upon what I see in the upper/mid-levels.  There looks to be a pretty solid front band that pushes inland from the initial storm intensifying S of us.  That band will rot inland  and another will develop along the southern areas as the low starts pushing eastward.  This would be over Eastern areas.   

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Exactly. I'm not trying to be a dick to Scott, but I feel like sometimes these mesoscale nuances are pretty predictable in hindsight...people overlook it or underestimate the importance.

I mean if you want to look at negatives, I still think SFC dry air wall seeping in from Maine like a cold air tuck will limit ratios somewhere near there.  The arms of those snowflakes will be shrinking on arrival into the lower few thousand feet, IMO.  It’ll be a battle somewhere between that high to the N/NE and the incoming mid-levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I mean if you want to look at negatives, I still think SFC dry air wall seeping in from Maine like a cold air tuck will limit ratios somewhere near there.  The arms of those snowflakes will be shrinking on arrival into the lower few thousand feet, IMO.  It’ll be a battle somewhere between that high to the N/NE and the incoming mid-levels.

Yea. Its okay to acknowledge this, and it doesn't negate what should be a great storm for most of SNE.

42 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I've been saying that.

Agree.

So boxing day.... Hey all thanks for the thoughts. I am in Hartford Hospital with blood clots in both lungs. Man talk about pain. I think I am over the hump as they are transferring me out of ICU today to a step down room.

My call without much involvement is 14 to 20 in the jack zones in NW NE Ct. 8 to 14 rest of CT . Stay safe kids

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes....if mid level banding sets up here, which it could...fine. But you and I both know its more likely to be NW with the late tics.

You won't jackpot if that happens....doubt you end up with 8" of sand though.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

So boxing day.... Hey all thanks for the thoughts. I am in Hartford Hospital with blood clots in both lungs. Man talk about pain. I think I am over the hump as they are transferring me out of ICU today to a step down room.

My call without much involvement is 14 to 20 in the jack zones in NW NE Ct. 8 to 14 rest of CT . Stay safe kids

Get well, buddy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Feel better

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Get well soon Steve.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Best wishes Steve on your recovery.  We all love you here and miss your daily contribution.  :cry::hug::santa:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Get well bro. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Get well soon!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery! 

• Like 1