• Member Statistics

    16,545
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich
    Joined
George BM

December Banter 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Love too!

If you can make it, meet me in Kent Island tomorrow. Going to donate blood at 3 pm then I will be heading to the Winery at Red Apple Plaza to pick up some stuff for NYE after that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I was. Mostly. I mean, Ji has never canceled winter forever and PSU kinda sorta danced up to that line? 

:facepalm: I said I do expect the blocking to work out. But if we start to see what was our best snow looks stop producing even threats that is a big uh oh. That’s not a revelation. 

20 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Guys. I need the NAM to verify out here for Wednesday night. I will lose my mind

Pulling for ya 

10 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Lol PSU knows what he's doing....classic

:devilsmiley:

6 hours ago, snowfan said:

Someone actually bragged about debate team training? 

I coach a policy debate team.  Dunno about “training”. We won a State championship a few years ago. I am proud of that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Cozy’s Brewery. A local garage brewery in Pikesville. Namely, my garage!

I’ll gladly meet you at Meadowood with a growler or two and let you sample. It won’t be necessary to exchange for your store bought stuff. I like hearing the honest thoughts of others.

I appreciate that. But I’ll give you one of these man. Always like sharing the wealth. I’m at my park job every Saturday 1-5. Just give me a heads up if and when you wanna meet 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 year old has Jedi hide and seek skills. The 6 year old goes to hide and she just sits down and starts to play with her frozen castle. After a couple mins the 6 year old starts calling “are you coming”. She replies “yea I’m coming” but just keeps playing. Eventually he gets frustrated and walks out and she immediately points at him and says “I found you”. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

If you can make it, meet me in Kent Island tomorrow. Going to donate blood at 3 pm then I will be heading to the Winery at Red Apple Plaza to pick up some stuff for NYE after that.

That might work. I was late kegging the sour, so it’s not ready, but the pumpkin is plentiful. I’ll let you know in the AM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

That might work. I was late kegging the sour, so it’s not ready, but the pumpkin is plentiful. I’ll let you know in the AM

Sounds good. PM me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The infotainment system. What vehicle do you have?

2020 Honda Accord.. I just googled the Infotainment system and it is an aftermarket add on.. my car already has the TV.. it just wont play any other video other than my rear camera.

One cool thing is though is that it drives its self.. I figured it out the other day when I felt the steering wheel moving on its own on cruise control.. so I figured.. lets see what happens if I just let go ..

And sure enough I went from College Park to 50 on the DC beltway without any steering or pedals.. 

Thats why I want the video.. if I can get video with the autopilot.. its almost like your not driving!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

2020 Honda Accord.. I just googled the Infotainment system and it is an aftermarket add on.. my car already has the TV.. it just wont play any other video other than my rear camera.

One cool thing is though is that it drives its self.. I figured it out the other day when I felt the steering wheel moving on its own on cruise control.. so I figured.. lets see what happens if I just let go ..

And sure enough I went from College Park to 50 on the DC beltway without any steering or pedals.. 

Thats why I want the video.. if I can get video with the autopilot.. its almost like your not driving!!!!

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

2020 Honda Accord.. I just googled the Infotainment system and it is an aftermarket add on.. my car already has the TV.. it just wont play any other video other than my rear camera.

One cool thing is though is that it drives its self.. I figured it out the other day when I felt the steering wheel moving on its own on cruise control.. so I figured.. lets see what happens if I just let go ..

And sure enough I went from College Park to 50 on the DC beltway without any steering or pedals.. 

Thats why I want the video.. if I can get video with the autopilot.. its almost like your not driving!!!!

That would make it easier to fix a cocktail. Hard to juggle the steering wheel and the martini shaker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

My 2 year old has Jedi hide and seek skills. The 6 year old goes to hide and she just sits down and starts to play with her frozen castle. After a couple mins the 6 year old starts calling “are you coming”. She replies “yea I’m coming” but just keeps playing. Eventually he gets frustrated and walks out and she immediately points at him and says “I found you”. 

That’s fantastic :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

2020 Honda Accord.. I just googled the Infotainment system and it is an aftermarket add on.. my car already has the TV.. it just wont play any other video other than my rear camera.

One cool thing is though is that it drives its self.. I figured it out the other day when I felt the steering wheel moving on its own on cruise control.. so I figured.. lets see what happens if I just let go ..

And sure enough I went from College Park to 50 on the DC beltway without any steering or pedals.. 

Thats why I want the video.. if I can get video with the autopilot.. its almost like your not driving!!!!

EA094929-33B9-48E1-8B5D-4A15F62F868D.thumb.jpeg.91501ed34b8a565a90055ae2360c0ed0.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Anyone see The Midnight Sky on Netflix? 

I watched it over the long Christmas weekend.  It held my attention for 2 hours, which is a long time for me to (mostly) sit still.

I enjoyed it, but I am partial to George Clooney flicks anyway. The white-outs are awesome !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

My 2 year old has Jedi hide and seek skills. The 6 year old goes to hide and she just sits down and starts to play with her frozen castle. After a couple mins the 6 year old starts calling “are you coming”. She replies “yea I’m coming” but just keeps playing. Eventually he gets frustrated and walks out and she immediately points at him and says “I found you”. 

If she can work her brother like that, don't think she hasn't got you pegged.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I watched it over the long Christmas weekend.  It held my attention for 2 hours, which is a long time for me to (mostly) sit still.

I enjoyed it, but I am partial to George Clooney flicks anyway. The white-outs are awesome !

Definitely some good winter imagery in the film! Speaking of the polar region, the best wx video I ever saw came from some documentary that showed a biblical storm in Antarctica. It looked a little something like this :o 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely some good winter imagery in the film! Speaking of the polar region, the best wx video I ever saw came from some documentary that showed a biblical storm in Antarctica. It looked a little something like this :o 

 

 

Little blowy out there..

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely some good winter imagery in the film! Speaking of the polar region, the best wx video I ever saw came from some documentary that showed a biblical storm in Antarctica. It looked a little something like this :o 

 

 

The part at the end about how outside travel during Condition 1 is not permitted was a nice touch.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Little blowy out there..

 

3 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

The part at the end about how outside travel during Condition 1 is not permitted was a nice touch.

I look at this video and I just know Ji would complain about something. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

 

I look at this video and I just know Ji would complain about something. 

I think they are only saying the part at the end to keep the Jebwalkers down.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you all want a short'sh film that has ice, cold n snow you should check out 'under an arctic sky'. This was done by well known photographer Chris burkard and his team. It takes place in Iceland and focuses on surfing during winter. Im not a surfer at all, but thought it was really well done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Cozy’s Brewery. A local garage brewery in Pikesville. Namely, my garage!

I’ll gladly meet you at Meadowood with a growler or two and let you sample. It won’t be necessary to exchange for your store bought stuff. I like hearing the honest thoughts of others.

Lol. I laughed at the bolded.  I've been there folks ....the best garage / brewery this side of B'more :drunk:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that don't follow me on Twitter:

Today was a rough day. My parents let me know that after 13.5 years and raising him from an 8 week old puppy, we had to put down our family dog. He went downhill very rapidly under suspicion of a malignant brain tumor. I wish I could've held him and pet him one last time. What a horrible way to end 2020. Hopefully it snows tomorrow night and Thursday, but I'm beginning to have doubts. This year can pound sand. 

  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

For those that don't follow me on Twitter:

Today was a rough day. My parents let me know that after 13.5 years and raising him from an 8 week old puppy, we had to put down our family dog. He went downhill very rapidly under suspicion of a malignant brain tumor. I wish I could've held him and pet him one last time. What a horrible way to end 2020. Hopefully it snows tomorrow night and Thursday, but I'm beginning to have doubts. This year can pound sand. 

Ugh, I’m so sorry to see this.  It’s so hard to lose a family dog, even more so around the holidays (and when you aren’t there to see him again).  My best to you and try to cherish all the good memories.  We lost one of our dogs earlier this year...time heals but we still miss him.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.