Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

3 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

The theme of the winter. Everything skips right over my county.  I realize this is light precip and maybe not even reaching the ground but snow north and south is the story of the season here. 

4DB29F51-911C-4E05-9DFB-C0EDBA4B76A9.png

At least you have LES to look forward to in the coming days.  Would take quite an evasive act to miss that.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

At least you have LES to look forward to in the coming days.  Would take quite an evasive act to miss that.

Let's hope you are correct.  Earlier the models were saying more of a N/NNW wind which would give me nothing while 10 miles west gets hit.  They are thankfully showing a little more  westerly component now which is good for me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

DVN issued a wind advisory for parts of their northern cwa, but they need to include much more of their area.  Getting gusts over 40mph already here, and the windiest time frame is still a ways away.

It’s sad when strong winds are the only exciting thing to talk about in December. 

WSW in effect for 1-2'+ of snow 

My point and click. If anyone wants to chase a LES storm, this may be the one. 

Thursday Night
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Christmas Day
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 24. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Saturday Night
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Thursday Night
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Christmas Day
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 24. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Saturday Night
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

A white Christmas and then some!!

• Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 4:37 PM, MIstorm97 said:

Looks like a solid DAB-0.5” tomorrow. Still gonna be a top 10 event

Nvm couldn’t even muster a DAB

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Thursday Night
Christmas Day
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday

Very tempting. Too bad Friday is Christmas Day 

Wednesday

Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 1pm. Temperature rising to near 37 by 9am, then falling to around 15 during the remainder of the day. Windy, with an east wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night

Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -2. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday

A 20 percent chance of snow before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 6. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Thursday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around -5. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Christmas Day

Partly sunny, with a high near 16. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Might be blizzard conditions here Wed eve into the night. The big lake is gonna surprise I think. With very cold N surface winds and mid levels out of the ENE to NE makes for Lake action on the North Shore. Seen that many times, and it always surprises the forecasters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

Talk about futility - the snowfall deficits are going to be very hard to overcome on this side of the state.

image.thumb.png.609d00e5382fcabf1b1de80585e31c96.png

Wow, that sucks. There’s still plenty of time for winter to turn around for you guys, at least with synoptic snows.