• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, tim123 said:

Ba humbug. That kinda year. Pattern hast to break at some point. 

Yup almost has the feel of throwing in the towel already. I know most of you don't like cold and dry. But sign me up for that vs. warm anything. We need some long term cold before we even think about snow. At least if it's 25 and dry with a dusting on the ground it will feel like winter, that's more than I can say for snow today gone tomorrow...

• Like 1

I think I'm throwing in the towel on this one.  Aside from the pretty horrible track, the strength is pretty pathetic too.  12z GFS has it "bottoming out" at 999mb, lol.....ugh.  This is a tough start for sure.   The Downstaters still have some hope for some scraps.  

She gone.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

How warm were Dec 2015 and Dec 2018? 

Dec 15 was the warmest ever by almost 5 degrees, Dec 2018 was +3.2

Average temp 42.1    2015

Dec 2015 had 1" of snow

Dec 2018 had 14.1"

There is a very strong correlation between above average snowfall in Dec and above average snowfall years at KBUF. Mainly due to lake Erie freezing in late jan/early feb. We get about 10 weeks of lake effect potential each year, have to make full use of it.

You can see the top 10 list of all weather data for KBUF here

https://www.weather.gov/buf/BUF_top10

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

3-6" events are a common thing in the Great Lakes. We haven't had a good clipper in years though. I'm assuming W or NW winds are the best for your region. 

It's been a terrible start to winter, yet again. Dec 2017 was the last best December. Hoping we can turn things around post Dec 20. 

Dec 2017 was incredible in the southtowns. I think we had like 5 LES events and 2 20"+ events. Finished with 152.4" that year.

https://www.weather.gov/buf/lesEventArchive?season=2017-2018&event=B

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We're at 5.6" in December already which already puts us outside the top 10 least snowiest Decembers. 4.8" is the cutoff for top 10.

Yeah and I think at one time our of that 5 1/2” I may have had 2 inches at best OTG at one time. Not once this year with snow cover and no grass. 

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Are we going to get some flurries during this game tonight?  What’s going on in Hamburg BW?  The radar is showing the slightest hint of some lake activity. 

Looks like just enough to make it look nice for tv. That’s fine by be, I don’t want anything that might inhibit air allen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1