• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

15 minutes ago, sferic said:

If tonight's 00z suite tick further south then I'll be very concerned; waffling is normal

The confluence is strong with this one, we could still get smoked in the negative direction but this is still fine: county-wide 6-12 is still good enough for me. We must watch tonight's runs either way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Details keep shifting of course but look at this disaster.   GFS has had me thinking it may not be too early to turn out the lights on another waste product of a December...

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_55.png

We would take this, finally gets the cold into our area. Cutters are many time pattern changers. That right there is our negative epo. Would be lots of les with that look. 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We would take this, finally gets the cold into our area. Cutters are many time pattern changers. 

Yeah. The ‘WE’ doesn’t include me. The BUF and Watertown folks just love these disasters. In ROC they mean heavy rain followed by wind and cold. Zero snow. Ugly. 
Sorry. I’m bitter. Im so disappointed in this winter. We can’t win. Do you know how absolutely disgusted I’m gonna be when Philly has 3x the snow total than we do? Puke

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah. The ‘WE’ doesn’t include me. The BUF and Watertown folks just love these disasters. In ROC they mean heavy rain followed by wind and cold. Zero snow. Ugly. 
Sorry. I’m bitter. Im so disappointed in this winter. We can’t win. Do you know how absolutely disgusted I’m gonna be when Philly has 3x the snow total than we do? Puke

It disgusts me that the GFS has been locked in for DAYS and many models are agreeing with it as we get closer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Ha! Didn't get it...yet?

Nah, I'm in Eastern Upstate NY, a little north of Albany.  I'll get minor amounts of lake effect each year, but most snow comes synoptically.  There have been a couple of exceptions, but it seems more and more east coast storms slam southern and eastern New England.  Growing up in interior CT it was the opposite - I'd get mixed or flipped to rain while Albany and other areas of Upstate got hit hard.  All about the track. I need those storms to hug the coast, or hit SE Mass.  Where you are, you probably need them to come right up over my backyard.

1 minute ago, Stash said:

Nah, I'm in Eastern Upstate NY, a little north of Albany.  I'll get minor amounts of lake effect each year, but most snow comes synoptically.  There have been a couple of exceptions, but it seems more and more east coast storms slam southern and eastern New England.  Growing up in interior CT it was the opposite - I'd get mixed or flipped to rain while Albany and other areas of Upstate got hit hard.  All about the track. I need those storms to hug the coast, or hit SE Mass.  Where you are, you probably need them to come right up over my backyard.

Yup. In the 90s, it was one storm after another riding up the Apps and pounding all of the areas that have been getting synoptically screwed the past several years.

• Like 1