• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

7 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Honestly Matt, if the look was the Icon and the 0z NAM, at 3 days out, I’d still have hope. But they (and the Ukie) are off on their own. And none of them are great models this far out. Obviously, I’ll still watch but we all know this one was sunk when the EURO jumped to the GFS. It’s one more feather in the cap of the goofus. It really has been hot for this lame winter. 

Well then if the Goofus is Hot then it has now for 3 runs shown a basic blizzard for Xmas day for upstate and the track is believable 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Verbatim this is a rain to snow event for CNY and an all-out Blizzard for WNY but that'll change 40 times over as it's 12 days away but it's does look like the GFS is now once again showing cold and snowy conditions right through the holidays.

I'm in Little Falls and it has begun to snow, temps around 30 but it will be short lived unfortunately but it feels good to see snow falling!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

c7682516edd36cd5ebaed58cddedcfc4.jpg

20 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Verbatim this is a rain to snow event for CNY and an all-out Blizzard for WNY but that'll change 40 times over as it's 12 days away but it's does look like the GFS is now once again showing cold and snowy conditions right through the holidays.

I'm in Little Falls and it has begun to snow, temps around 30 but it will be short lived unfortunately but it feels good to see snow falling!!

c7682516edd36cd5ebaed58cddedcfc4.jpg

You’re in my hometown. I graduated from Little Falls High and my older brother still lives there.  We lived on the south side, supposedly the bad side of town.  If you look towards the south at the base of the valley wall there’s a church. We lived three houses up from that church. If you don’t mind me asking what kind of work are you doing there?

36 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

How far South was the Euro at 00Z cause it doesn't look, to these trained eyes, that it shifted at all, emoji38.png but I'm also going somewhat blind the closer I get to 50!

You know how you scoffed at me yesterday when I said this is the time to see things change as sampling is better? Hopefully this is the NW shift coming into play with that.

• Like 2

You’re in my hometown. I graduated from Little Falls High and my older brother still lives there.  We lived on the south side, supposedly the bad side of town.  If you look towards the south at the base of the valley wall there’s a church. We lived three houses up from that church. If you don’t mind me asking what kind of work are you doing there?
I'm up at the High School doing sheet Vinyl and LVT tile. I'm a Union Carpenter for local 277 in Syracuse and I absolutely love it up here!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I'm up at the High School doing sheet Vinyl and LVT tile. I'm a Union Carpenter for local 277 in Syracuse and I absolutely love it up here!

It was a nice town to grow up in, especially in the middle of the baby boom.  My neighborhood was an ethnic melting pot when I was little.  Gradually as the older immigrants started dying off and the mills in town moved out it started to decline. The high school where you’re working opened when I was in 11th grade.  It burned down in 1975 (most likely arson but never proved) and was rebuilt. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

In a similar Nina pattern go look at what happened off of Ontario in 2006-2007.  Lake Erie was on the verge of freezing, if it was 1-2 weeks sooner similar totals would have been found off of Erie.

https://www.weather.gov/buf/lesEventArchive?season=2006-2007&event=L

Isn't Lake effect off Ontario usually all winter long because it's a deeper lake? There are exceptions of course during cold winters like 2013-14 or 2014-15. Unlike Lake Erie which usually freezes over because its shallower. But over 100" in a week? WOW! That's insane!!! 

1 minute ago, Snowstorms said:

Isn't Lake effect off Ontario usually all winter long because it's a deeper lake? There are exceptions of course during cold winters like 2013-14 or 2014-15. Unlike Lake Erie which usually freezes over because its shallower. But over 100" in a week? WOW! That's insane!!! 

Yeah, lake Ontario does not freeze. Lake Erie fully freezes over 70% of winter years. 

• Like 1