• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

38 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Still amazing to this day that such a wide swath received 3+ feet of snow from southern Niagara to the south towns...that might be once in a life time 

I lived in South Cheektowaga for that one. Only time in my life I’ve legitimately been “snowed in”.  5+ feet in the driveway and side street for over 4 days. I lived in the CNY bullseye zone for the blizzard of 93 (Weedsport) and incredible as that storm was we were driving around the next day. 

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

I wish they had listed snowiest xmas days. Pretty sure metro hot around 20” in the early 2000s on Xmas. 

I’ll always remember Christmas Day 2003, a pretty strong band was hitting the northern suburbs and airport....which would have been awesome except I was flying to Hawaii that morning. The only time in my entire life that I was cursing a beautiful full length Erie band.  It was painful. Thankfully the flight took off with only a minor delay. A little scary taking off in heavy snow like that though. 

Looks like the airport had 8.2 with that event but local suburbs might have had more. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I’ll always remember Christmas Day 2003, a pretty strong band was hitting the northern suburbs and airport....which would have been awesome except I was flying to Hawaii that morning. The only time in my entire life that I was cursing a beautiful full length Erie band.  It was painful. Thankfully the flight took off with only a minor delay. A little scary taking off in heavy snow like that though. 

Looks like the airport had 8.2 with that event but local suburbs might have had more. 

It’s crazy how little snow does to impact buffalo airport but if it rains at O’Hare or Atlanta...

• Haha 1