• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

38 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Maybe WNY can cash in on some snow if it tucks close enough to the coast before heading ENE..

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-12-14T170059.760.png

The local WIVB future look shows the snow reaching all of WNY and giving all from Buffalo south and east and 3+ further southeast...it doesn’t add in any lake enhancement from Ontario at all.

13 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

The local WIVB future look shows the snow reaching all of WNY and giving all from Buffalo south and east and 3+ further southeast...it doesn’t add in any lake enhancement from Ontario at all.

There won’t be any lake enhancement with ENE winds except maybe the Lake Ontario shore line. This thing isn’t cutting up the Hudson River bringing us northerly winds on the backside. If we see enough to cover the grass in BUF that would be a huge win IMO lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Probably a good time to take up fishing haha Soon my back yard will be the salmon river(litterly lol) , it's a big decline though so I probably can't fish from my back yard lol I enjoy the sounds of the"rapids" though..

Ummmmmm...see you in spring?!?!?! I mean after all we can build a walkway leading down...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So BuffWeather is on to something regarding the -EPO. All 3 indices will be in the proper level for us to be cold the ENTIRE month of December yet we are barely getting any cold air with the exception of the next 3 1/2 days finally. I’d love to learn more about the EPO

Well we're literally 100 miles from a monster storm for the entire region. It worked out, just timing of waves and jet were off. It's a really good pattern for big synoptic storms and cold air after this system passes, although its very dry air with no LES. Basically just unlucky.

image.thumb.png.40100a2e3816859c2802dcaf13d5448e.pngimage.thumb.png.1f8c5a35bcdcaeac6712b766962bcb87.pngimage.thumb.png.910f3204b07b746c42d088cf2a07f242.png

• Like 3

We had a really sweet snow shower move through here around 5. It was coming down really hard. Picked up yet another coating (lol)...if it had been colder and the ground wasn't so warm from all the November weather we've had, we probably would have been close to an inch.

Only 791 more coatings and I'll hit average.

• Haha 2

The top analogs are interesting for this storm. Just goes to show you how unlucky we got with this one.

http://www.eas.slu.edu/CIPS/ANALOG/DFHR.php?reg=EC&fhr=F060&rundt=2020121412&map=thbCOOP72

11/14/1997 is the top

http://www.eas.slu.edu/CIPS/ANALOG/Event.php?reg=EC&fhr=F060&rundt=2020121412&dt=1997111412

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The top analogs are interesting for this storm. Just goes to show you how unlucky we got with this one.

http://www.eas.slu.edu/CIPS/ANALOG/DFHR.php?reg=EC&fhr=F060&rundt=2020121412&map=thbCOOP72

Wow! That’s wild. 75% are great hits. I guess it’s like you said, bad luck. That HP putting a hurt on us. 
Ive not totally given up. But close

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

11/14/1997 is the top

http://www.eas.slu.edu/CIPS/ANALOG/Event.php?reg=EC&fhr=F060&rundt=2020121412&dt=1997111412

Wow, December 16th, 2007 is one of the analogs? I was living it Ottawa at the time, and that storm dropped 17". Among the most amazing storms I've ever lived through.

• Like 1

Hopefully we see a pattern change for Jan.

April and May were the only months below normal this year. Every other month was substantially warmer. I thought La Ninas were not as warm as El Ninos were for our area? Or is it just global warming is taking over any ENSO state?

Jan +8.1

Feb +3.1

March +7.3

April -2.5

May -.9

June +.8

July +6.5

August +3.9

Sep +2.2

Oct +1.0

Nov +5.8

Dec +4.0

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah I don't really much in the long range. A roller coaster pattern, averaging 2-3 degrees above normal.

Details vary run to run of course but December looks lost for us.  I’m actually hoping we get a super mild winter.  If I can’t get a decent December (around here) the rest of the winter becomes mostly uninteresting.  We are due for a long run of below normal snowfall just by reversion to mean, compared to the last decade or two.  And that’s ok by me.

• Like 1