• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, wolfie09 said:

I haven't posted one Kuchera map this year:P But you can add a couple inches if we can get into some better ratios..(I think LEK said POSSIBLE 12-14-1) Still need other l guidance on board lol

Just now, 96blizz said:

Ratios will matter if this happens. Still a ways to go...

Lockstep Wolfie!

• Like 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

I haven't posted one Kuchera map this year:P But you can add a couple inches if we can get into some better ratios..(I think LEK said POSSIBLE 12-14-1) Still need other l guidance on board lol

Just about to say that the northern-end of the precip will def be higher than 10:1. Likely 12:1 synoptic and 14:1+ for LE or so (just like you said). I'll take a 20% bump with additional LE as well! I'm sure Dave and Tim on board as well!

• Like 1

Looks like BUF is starting to buy-in a little:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
526 AM EST Tue Dec 15 2020

NYZ013-014-020-021-161030-
Livingston-Ontario-Cattaraugus-Allegany-
526 AM EST Tue Dec 15 2020

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of western New York.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

A coastal storm could generate several inches of snow across the
Finger Lakes and portions of the Western Southern Tier Wednesday
afternoon and night.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

This product, along with other watches, warnings, advisories, and
statements issued by the National Weather Service office in Buffalo
can be found on the internet at http://www.weather.gov/buf

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-12-15T093256.740.png

That's a sweet lake effect band just west of Toronto tomorrow. With a further north track, it’ll help reduce the dry air in the atmosphere and help seed the lake clouds for better lake effect for us. Good all-around for all of us in ON and NY. Let’s see if the RGEM follows suit. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

No one knew except weenies wishing this north

People thought the high up north was going to suppress this to the south. 

No, it's the NYC weenies wishing this wouldn't come NW like the majority of systems do. We both know how many times we've been burned on the coast. The forecasted confluence was ridiculous. 

12z RGEM is coming in further north and west as well. Aligned with 3km NAM. Has accumulating snow in Buffalo and Syracuse. Maybe a couple inches esp for Syracuse? Sweet LES band in Toronto before it moves further south as winds change orientation. Not a huge expert on lake effect so maybe somebody can chime in on that for me.

I’ve had a skinny band off Huron/Georgian Bay for about 20 minutes and everything is white. This is a very fluffy snow and if this would persist for hours it would accumulate quickly. The ground froze last night which will also help with less melting, I am thing 3-5” for metro and north with ratios of 15 to 1 and more qpf in the models

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Tossed. What even is that? Leftover inverted trough just hanging out over all of us? :lol:

I’ve been saying that for days!!! I mentioned the inverted trough idea at least 3 days ago...it was clear in all the models a trough or low was near Ohio or NW PA but moisture never made it up here, now we’re 24 to 36 hours away I think the idea has legs...

RGEM came NW a big bump. Loving the trend! We’ve gotta bear in mind that this is not atypical for 48 hours out and that they usually correct back at a certain point. 
I wonder what the ICON has consistently seen to do stubbornly kept us in the game? I think the ICON got an upgrade last year. 
0z EPS were pretty far NW too. I’d love to see one of the big operational show it....