• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

Can't ignore GFS still until it for sure tanks to other guidance. I wouldn't be shocked if something like the GFS happened but brought further north a tad. RGEM being in tandem with it is somewhat telling. We will see what euro does in a few hours.

Right now if I were to blend everything I'd still probably get 8-12 while somewhere near NYC easily gets over a foot

5 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

12z GFS looked bit more organized at H5 and SLP got down to 993mb in vicinity of the Delaware Bay at Hour 66 as compared to 1000mb on the 6z run at the same interval, but it didn't really track any further north unfortunately. 

Someone close to NYC will get the jack if a blend of RGEM and GFS plays out. That band on RGEM will crush whoever ends up under it.

Id bet my house right now that NYC and the Jersey shore mix or even change over to plain rain for a time before transitioning back to snow but that's just me. I don't care what the GFS shows or any model for that matter as experience trump's all of that in my book. Got skunked way to many times not to see the writing on the wall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

12z GFS looked bit more organized at H5 and SLP got down to 993mb in vicinity of the Delaware Bay at Hour 66 as compared to 1000mb on the 6z run at the same interval, but it didn't really track any further north unfortunately. 

The H500 presentation doesn't look all that impressive on GFS/CMC based on another quick scan.  GFS pretty much keeps a positively tilted trough that looks to be weakening with time as it heads east.  I can believe a weaker / more suppressed solution plays out if that's right.

This euro run will be telling. The heaviest snow axis might be beginning to actually get nailed down. Somewhere between SEPA and NYC will get close to 2 feet I think. 

Question remains: where is the northern extent of snow? Riding very much on that at the moment. Most every run has taken me from over 1' to 6-10 this morning.

1 minute ago, crossbowftw3 said:

This euro run will be telling. The heaviest snow axis might be beginning to actually get nailed down. Somewhere between SEPA and NYC will get close to 2 feet I think. 

I don’t this storm has the dynamics or duration to justify those amounts. I think it’ll be a lot of 8-12” totals in the sweet spot. But I’m usually wrong...

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

The H500 presentation doesn't look all that impressive on GFS/CMC based on another quick scan.  GFS pretty much keeps a positively tilted trough that looks to be weakening with time as it heads east.  I can believe a weaker / more suppressed solution plays out if that's right.

I really don't think this is a difference (directly) as how different models the models "see" the storm...it's more about the differences in how much the confluence to the NE is being depicted/handled by the various models, and that indirectly plays a key role in how the mid level features play out....right now the GFS doesn't develop any (or very little) FG forcing in the mid levels in NYS, but many of the other models do, to various degrees.

• Like 3

Just now, rochesterdave said:

I don’t this storm has the dynamics or duration to justify those amounts. I think it’ll be a lot of 8-12” totals in the sweet spot. But I’m usually wrong...

RGEM had a pretty good death band pivoting from SEPA onto LI--somewhere near there could be jackpot. Also kind of doubt 2'+ as I always have with this but can just as easily assume somewhere in there gets up to 18" max. 

The GFS snowstorm is gonzo for Xmas day but as eluded to by Wolfie it’s cold and clipper like...I’m starting to sense a longer term winter like pattern evolution...also FWIW Cohen shows the GFS model having 2 more wave impulses the rest of December which will continue to beat the PV down a bit and make way for potentially more significant winter weather in January 

• Like 1