• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

But you're right.... only Lake effect concerns here lol. Doesn't seem like anyone else out this way is here. And kuchera weenie is wild

snku_acc.us_ne-1.png

Saving this to the portfolio ha 

Thoughts remain unchanged of course from earlier...30" highly unlikely but widespread 6-10+ where probably equally as numerous to widespread reports of 10"+ happen 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

They posted this 10 mins ago.

I agree the current crew at the NWS is a little lackluster. I have no idea why they wouldn’t at least discuss the potential of a significant event, as it certainly exists (however unlikely...it’s certainly not zero 4-5 days out)

When all they do all day is look at the weather, you would think they would be at least a little more interested in discussing the details and nuances of forecasts and model trends.  It’s almost as if they aren’t even interested/excited about weather, It’s disappointing. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

But you're right.... only Lake effect concerns here lol. Doesn't seem like anyone else out this way is here. And kuchera weenie is wild

snku_acc.us_ne-1.png

In this scenario Allegheny co in WNY is under a WSW and advisories got Catt, Wyoming, Chautauqua and S. Erie...one more bump and we’re singing a much different tune

• Like 1

What a surprise...Syracuse skyrockets 7 degrees above what the forecasted high was for today. As soon as the southerly wind kicks in, UP the temp goes... Day in and day out, the temp overachieves here. Must be a combination of old climatology factored into the modeling and that Syracuse is a downsloping mecca plus Urban Heat Island.

Yet another day of this place being in the top as the warmest place in New York State.

Edit...the temp just went UP another degree at 11 pm...right after I typed that...just to spite me... lol

7 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I think GFS might be folding. We knew that was kinda likely. 

So just one run of somewhat interest at 18Z and now back to whatever it's doing? 00Z NAM looked like it was trying to come north, but it was also looking faster than its previous run...which probably wouldn't allow for much of a north track with such a progressive nature.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

It’s suppressed, progressive wave. I was hoping to at least see something interesting, even if it was downstate! The big cities gotta watch this doesn’t just jet. A lot of it relies on last minute throwback of moisture. Hahaha. Oh well. Now maybe I can focus on my other stuff. 

I'm scared in NYC  for a whiff