Central Park Snowfall by Decade

70s 21.2"

80s 19.7"

90s 24.7"

00s 31.5"

10s 33.2"

Old 30 year average- 80s-00s- 25.3"

New 30 year average-90s-10s- 29.8"

That jibes with my memory of living down in the I-95 corridor from the 70s to 90s. Generally awful for snow. In fact, the 90s were probably saved by the extraordinary winter of 95/96.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah we won't know for sure until Monday night or so. Still large margin of error. 

Exactly and I read by PSUHoffman from the MA forum that if the second event (Monday) it would further push the Wednesday Thursday event further north following the trailing trough...this could be a good sign

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That jibes with my memory of living down in the I-95 corridor from the 70s to 90s. Generally awful for snow. In fact, the 90s were probably saved by the extraordinary winter of 95/96.

That's an 18% increase in 30 year intervals. A pretty large variance statistically speaking. It would be like KBUF going up to a 111.5" 30 year average. Obviously the variance is easier to do when the average is lower...

• Like 1

12z has some subtle differences from the 6z...there is a secondary low not depicted on any runs but is clearly  in the Ohio valley. The GFS is having a hard time with this feature and I believe this is our inverted trough that shoots us back our moisture source. I have a feeling this will begin to show up by tomorrow afternoon 

Having lived down there for 30+ years or so, I wouldn't be happy until Wednesday Night and even then I'd be worried about mixing, lol. Its highly anomalous for the coastal regions of NJ to get into any action in December like many have stated. Is it possible, absolutely as anything can happen but thinking its likely, from 4-5 days out, is just stupid!  We still have a chance for Mondays event to shift NW nevermind Thursday's event!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Having lived down there for 30+ years or so, I wouldn't be happy until Wednesday Night and even then I'd be worried about mixing, lol. Its highly anomalous for the coastal regions of NJ to get into any action in December like many have stated. Is it possible, absolutely as anything can happen but thinking its likely, from 4-5 days out, is just stupid!  We still have a chance for Mondays event to shift NW nevermind Thursday's event!

You can stay at my house