Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20

November Discobs 2020

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

i want flurries :( 

You deserve some for sure!  Sure feels like a December day ! 

Might need to find the winter hat, because I don't have a lot of hair on my head :cry:  

Just now, clskinsfan said:

First flakes of the winter season NW of Winchester. Right on time. Early November is when we usually get them.

Haven't even had frost here yet. Probably be December the way the pattern looks. Back to summer after one chilly day. 

@CAPE  any areas need more over seeding ?  And that forecast is for Boston. 

Meanwhile, notice at the end of the loop really cold air is really reduced in coverage in vast areas compared to the recent cold air mass in the Northern States including the Northeast, and in Central and Eastern Canada as well.   

30 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Someone else said this...let’s get this bubble of warmth out of the way so Thanksgiving doesn’t require AC and Tshirts.  

Agree.  I’m totally fine with an above normal November.  Temps in the 50s and 60s are pretty much my ideal fall weather.  

25 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

28.  Overperformer on the freeze warning. 

Here dropped only to 37 then rebounded. Have yet to reach 32 here.  Two freeze warnings issued both busted too cold.  

Pretty lame cold shot. Never fell below 40. Woke up this morning expecting temps in the 30's and found it closer to 50 lol. Ahhh.. La nino when cold never materializes. 

Off the charts weather event coming up this weekend , especially for areas further NE under the 588 DM positive anomaly.

Regardless of location,  temps way above normal for a significant number of days.   

From bluewave, recently posted.

<

We could challenge the all-time November 500 MB positive height anomaly record this weekend. It looks like the record for the NYC area is 589 DM. The models all have values close to that level.

B038B4EC-B4C8-4813-B275-27F115F45277.thumb.png.73672a4ea8fb4f3bec1356f389c3ecf2.png

3 hours ago, frd said:

Here dropped only to 37 then rebounded. Have yet to reach 32 here.  Two freeze warnings issued both busted too cold.  

You’ll get there but quite a bit of warm to trek through as it sounds before that. That ridge is a beast as it looks now.  

The Mothership has arrived! I'm not a big cloud Guru but this was pretty impressive. Only cloud in the sky at the moment. ef8e5a3473dece36612ac4e3fc21f6fb.jpg3f57ae867529b723e481d73395019b82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 7