• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich

Major Hurricane Delta

14 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

what's the population like in that area?   Thinking sparsely populated outside of cancun and cozumel....

Cancún is pretty heavily populated and with the track it looks like it could go right over the barrier island where all the resorts are and then downtown Cancún. It won’t be good 

The eye is only 5 miles wide.  One would think an eyewall replacement cycle would occur at some point.

Just as an FYI, a statute mile is 1.15 nm. So 5 miles to nm is 5.75 and just rounding to 6nm. That being said, small eyewalls will fluctuate based on micro perturbations of strong meso bursts. That can morph and fluctuate the eyeband a nm or two even when small over short periods of time. Larger eyes do the same but it's obviously less noticeable due to larger diameter and area. Next recon could hypothetically find an even smaller eyewall on next mission, however, it has been reported open in portions of the band. It wouldn't surprise me if it expands a little as deep convection keeps bursting. Again, these small eyewalls are chaotic and futile to predict.
  • Like 1

Just now, Windspeed said:

It was classified a 40 MPH tropical storm at 8 AM EDT yesterday. It's been in rapid intensification / deepening ever since.

Wow. I'm guessing you don't see that kind of RI that often?

The pressure only fell 12 mb in about the last 8 hrs. Although it may qualify as RI it is now likely undergoing  RI+. The next 12 hrs will put the last 12hrs to shame.  

• Like 2

What the fluff?? I just woke up and yesterday I was only hearing about a potential cat 2? Now most of the models have it projected towards a cat 4? Really hoping it weakens because Louisiana can't seem to get a break. 

1 minute ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Unflagged 98kt surface wind in the SE eyewall

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

lots of lightning in that eyewall too.