Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man euro with some sort of tropical connection and massive nor'easter at the end of its run.

33 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Boy....something really brewing for Day 9. Fantasy-land GFS has had this for a week now. While the Euro doesn't inject a Cat 4 into the system, it does have an F'ng monster racing up the coast.

Zero surprised we get a nasty storm end of October.  Its an annual occurrence it seems. Coincide with a full moon and strong high tides, why not.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Zero surprised we get a nasty storm end of October.  Its an annual occurrence it seems. Coincide with a full moon and strong high tides, why not.

I would love to know why this happens. You have been a good keeper of record of this almost annual occurrence.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Has anybody looked at a sounding? I feel like you may not need to  be as high as people think. 

yes sir. 925's on GFS are good to go after about 7am in Franconia and Pinkham notch. I was thinking 22-2400. How long can we go? Not talkingabout a change over to a snow shower, talking about 2 inches and up for accums.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Has anybody looked at a sounding? I feel like you may not need to  be as high as people think. 

Nope, I'm sure some mangled flakes will make it to the valley floor for some, But it will be dependent on how much cold air gets worked in and how soon it happens.