Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

5 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Some pretty good snow falling on Stratton Peak webcam

That’s an awesome view right now.  Could watch that live for a while.

Stratton summit lodge at 3,830ft, basically 4K.  I think S.VT elevations will do better than N.VT elevations foot for foot because of the increased moisture.  The second wave should hit them harder for sure on that SSW to NNE flow trajectory.  Dynamic cooling in the south will offset any difference from temps in the north.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

0.88”

Hey exact same here.  But you’ve got another heavy wave coming.  Hoping we can be clipped by that round.  Still, should be near a 7” total since the last few days of September.  Been a wet 20 days.

Good to see everyone getting wet.  Nice to not hear about Stein anymore, ha.

46 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hey exact same here.  But you’ve got another heavy wave coming.  Hoping we can be clipped by that round.  Still, should be near a 7” total since the last few days of September.  Been a wet 20 days.

Good to see everyone getting wet.  Nice to not hear about Stein anymore, ha.

Still Steined here.  1.82” MTD.  Combine my last 4mo (July 1st to now) and I still have less then then 6”.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

51.3°F, Up to 0.42" and just some drz at the moment, But looking south that will change within the hour.

50.0 degrees here and pouring..and been pouring for hours!  Drought is Gone here! 

Yes, you’ll be raining hard soon.  

Got a ‘21 Doo MXZ coming in the next month!  Can’t wait to bring it up to my stopping grounds in N. Aroostook after Xmas!   Just thought I’d let you know cuz I know your a Doo guy. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

50.0 degrees here and pouring..and been pouring for hours!  Drought is Gone here! 

Yes, you’ll be raining hard soon.  

Got a ‘21 Doo MXZ coming in the next month!  Can’t wait to bring it up to my stopping grounds in N. Aroostook after Xmas!   Just thought I’d let you know cuz I know your a Doo guy. 

You are going to like that sled, Going to ride it with Yammy gear?    lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You are going to like that sled.

I sure hope so...lol.  Thought I’d never go back  to a two stroke.....but never say never right lol.   Had an ‘06 Doo Mach Z X 1000 back in the day...and it was Fabo!  Traded it in In ‘10 and have been 4 stroke ever since.   So we’ll see how this 850 MXZ X-RS goes?  

But absolutely pouring here...and more to come here still...so it seems like it’s on a trajectory towards you there in Lewiston.

Rode My Doo/and my Yammy with my black ‘06  Doo Leather since the year after I got my Mach in ‘06. So now I’m back lol! Never did get any Yammy gear. 

• Weenie 1

just took a few hour nap, and looking over things regarding  a early morning drive for snow

Radar looks impressive. The Surge all the way West over S. VT looks impressive and it looks to be heading due north for the moment. Areas around 2.4K Killington are cooling significantly in last 90 minutes and Def snowing at the peak, you can see areas over 3700 in S VT have been snowing for last few hours.   Over to the NE and whites Cannon should be snowing now as they dropped to 30.8 (4K) and the whole regional meso net out of Mt. Washington shows temps slowly falling there and snow levels currently are certainly low further west as the cold air /thickness work in.   

36.3/35 at 2400' Killington   

35 at 4k Wildcat

30.8 at 4k Cannon

240 am temps (edit

34.5 2400' Killington

33 4k Wildcat

29.5 4k Cannon

Prolly make a run at Cannon or Kanc or base of Cog Railway 2100'/2880/2600' respectively. 

S. Vt to Killington Peak seeing temps fall pretty quickly now.  lots of 35-36s showing up in the 1850-2k range.  Snow level at Killington down to about 2400

Mesoscale analysis has 925 Closed off now (N-S allignment from Cape cod to Cape Ann)

Cannon 28F

Bretton woods 2800' 32.6 F 

Looks like a Heavy snow event above 2500 potentially. hitting the road