• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

About posting pics I have no clue how to put them onto another site then post the image here without the file being to big. Ive found that for videos I post the video to my YouTube channel then I just copy the text and that works for the site. For pictures I post pics to my fb account then save the pics to my phone and it automatically downsized the pics to fit the site here.

Aint Nobody Got Time GIFs | Tenor

On most of the other forums that I post on resizes it for you automatically within the site. It use to be that way here until a few years ago. 

Ull or not, the radar looks pretty pathetic here. I doubt it will be able to sling much moisture this far west. We shall see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, SnoJoe said:

On most of the other forums that I post on resizes it for you automatically within the site. It use to be that way here until a few years ago. 

Ull or not, the radar looks pretty pathetic here. I doubt it will be able to sling much moisture this far west. We shall see.

Yeah im not sure about the interface here with the site or how much that would cost but I've worked my way around that.  

Anything more here is a bonus I feel like.  The dry air did its dirty work last night with the system.

I use LIT Photo to resize my images. It's a free app and easy to use, particularly when resizing phone pictures. 

• Like 2

Measured close to 2.75” of paste.  Was a tricky forecast, mid-level dry air that worked in per GSP disco hurt for sure.  Maybe we add another inch during the day, two if we get under some decent rates and have ample moisture in the dendrite growth region.  A little disappointed based on the potential we were seeing on modeling up until the HRRR right at go time and the radar showing there was truth in it. That said, I know this is a tough setup to forecast with lots of pieces involved.  Back to moderate snow here.0221AC7C-497A-466D-9BE0-370F20DFD945.jpeg.1a8d728e4f3dc8a55156946aef589ab5.jpeg38F52FDB-1742-4A23-8987-6774F70B1257.jpeg.3b0a29c2385ec511a9dbdf0fb9d334ef.jpeg

• Like 3

I would say less than 2" in this neck of the woods.  On a positive note, I don't have to shovel the driveway.  After getting a white Christmas anything else this winter is gravy for me anyway.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Maybe the upper level low got tired of us complaining about how wet it’s been lately

Lol...try living in the southern mtns. 100 inches a year seems the norm now

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Lol...try living in the southern mtns. 100 inches a year seems the norm now

The past three years have been extremely wet. North of 110" for Highlands each year 2018 - 2020

• Like 3

Just now, Local Yokel Wx said:

The past three years have been extremely wet. North of 110" for Highlands each year 2018 - 2020

Last Easter the pigeon surrounded my house coming up to the top of my porch steps and my car floated down the river.  It happen at night and it was very scary.  Flooding is no joke.

Flake size has increased a little but it could snow like this for 100 years and amount to nothing 

• Haha 2

I’m going to need this ULL to perform like Patrick Mahomes down a TD if I’m going to get close to predictions this afternoon. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Man sorry you are getting skunked. At least it is early in winter.

I should be used to it here but I was spoiled when living in Virginia. 

• Like 1

Just now, wncsnow said:

I should be used to it here but I was spoiled when living in Virginia. 

Yeah the system has to come in perfect for downtown and surrounding areas to really get hammered. We need a straight up Miller A that cuts the state in half.

We really need a true southern slider with a nice CAD high to do well here, I can't remember a ULL working out here

Edit- great minds think alike 

• Haha 1