Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,789
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Mibuki
    Newest Member
    Mibuki
    Joined

Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July


weathafella
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sept might be the most boring weather month we have in New England...almost nothing exciting happens outside of the rare rogue TC.

But it probably has some of the nicest weather of the year.

Cfp's can be interesting with the occasional squall line right to the coast. Not often but every few years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sept might be the most boring weather month we have in New England...almost nothing exciting happens outside of the rare rogue TC.

But it probably has some of the nicest weather of the year.

Napril and it’s not close. Other than a rogue snow event that melts at sunrise. Just boring with 40’s and 50’s and meh. I cringe just thinking about it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sept might be the most boring weather month we have in New England...almost nothing exciting happens outside of the rare rogue TC.

But it probably has some of the nicest weather of the year.

Yeah boring can be very nice. 

Need to wait for October though to really get those strong autumn FROPAs and wound up synoptic lows.  October usually has some good wind and precip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CoastalWx said:

October has been the month of damaging wind events here. Rogue meso lows with tropical-like characteristics have occurred last year and in 2017. Last year was intense. Wife woke me up to move kids away from oaks. 

Same up here.  We've had some quality damaging wind/flood events.  Though 2017 was that huge region wide wind event in October or November?

Last Halloween up here had that near record flooding that matched or exceeded Irene on some rivers.  That one sort of surprised and over-performed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Cfp's can be interesting with the occasional squall line right to the coast. Not often but every few years?

Yeah once in a while we get one. I think 1998 had a big event.

 But usually the month is really boring. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Napril and it’s not close. Other than a rogue snow event that melts at sunrise. Just boring with 40’s and 50’s and meh. I cringe just thinking about it

Nah, we probably get a legit April snow event every 2-3 years on average...and we can get synoptic wind events still (like we had this year that caused some damage). 

TCs in September are a much lower frequency than April snows and wind events. 

April for sure has the most miserable weather though...I’ll vote for that.  Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah once in a while we get one. I think 1998 had a big event.

 But usually the month is really boring. 

Nah, we probably get a legit April snow event every 2-3 years on average...and we can get synoptic wind events still (like we had this year that caused some damage). 

TCs in September are a much lower frequency than April snows and wind events. 

April for sure has the most miserable weather though...I’ll vote for that.  Lol. 

Man I legit hate that month. Coming out of winter and seeing DC and Chicago in the 70’s routinely . Meanwhile Dendys posting NAM runs of doors screaming SW with Tips North Atlantic puke clear down to NYC

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man I legit hate that month. Coming out of winter and seeing DC and Chicago in the 70’s routinely . Meanwhile Dendys posting NAM runs of doors screaming SW with Tips North Atlantic puke clear down to NYC

For someone who likes to rip the band aid off a season and go immediately into the next season, I can see how April would be infuriating to you.  It's not the most boring but it can sure suck.

I'd go like April 21-May 21 here... early April is still legit snow chances and skiing, as the mountain snowpack is usually still near it's peak depth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...