Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's funny ... just last week how that tenor was diametrical to this sort of dance-around a sombre fireside poetry.   It was then so gleeful, the song praised in lust for tortured heat in August, and activating tropics .. There just seemed indeterminable wealth in dystopian nourishment to feed this odd neurosis - dopamine when looking at weather charts that implicate relative dread. 

Now?  throwing hands - ... the most observable difference?   No hurricane... banal heat. Basically, no drama.  Seems pretty much cause-and-"affect"

Next week?  ... I predict a 70 .. 80% chance that the tenor will have vagaried right back the other way. 

It seems there is a separate scoring that is not based upon model verification that is crucial in this "hobby" ( which I quote, because I suspect it's more than merely a hobby for many that regular - ) that is emergent. It's not weather-driven, though rooted in the same lust for drama - sure.  It is a transference?  It's taking the want of the dramatic expression of Nature, and creating a joy-reliance, more so based upon these modeling technologies and the virtual impressionist art of implications they may paint for the various features they illustrate out in time...  And we become fixated on it - that's when it becomes a little ... probably "unhealthy" is the best word for that. 

Before 30 some-odd years ago... this did not exist.  Yet, 'nowadays' we are inherently allowing some random aspect that's never been a part of human history and evolution, become a guide in determining the future of one's life.  Fascinating really.. 

But, when the models seem to dwindle the drama... normalize affairs and impressions of the mid and extended ranges down to something less that a half a single standard deviation ( positive or negative ) that becomes the rainy day.  It's almost like in that particular scale,  0 standard deviation modeled virtual tapestry ( which isn't even real mind us...) triggers a 10 standard deviation anomaly in internal angst if not definable as sadness ... Inverse proportionality 

Usually I can follow Tippy's thought process, but this one took a while to get there.

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

Usually I can follow Tippy's thought process, but this one took a while to get there.

I still can't quite understand what he's getting at there, ha.  It has some deep psychological undertone though, like we are all slaves to exciting weather or something is usually the end point of those.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The wind trajectory is just right to waft it SE. If you look closely a few loose strands of long hair are floating around 3k feet .. some with pony o’s attached 

No if you really analyzed the fibers, they'd come back to a Dale of Norway sweater that's hanging from the top of a ski lift somewhere up north.

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

No 90 today

Clouds getting in the way again.  Much better feel this afternoon though.  Can we get the swamp to stay to our south please. I was hoping for a BM track to a good TS to give us some good rain and wash the swamp back down to DC where it belongs 

Shit I thought today was going to be cooler ... 'nough so to run more comfortably.  

F!   it's 88.9 here...  DP of 62 ....  

I'm up to 100 miles riding bike in three days ... I guess I can do it again but I'd really like a nice 6 miles run without my balls flopping between my knees

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

No if you really analyzed the fibers, they'd come back to a Dale of Norway sweater that's hanging from the top of a ski lift somewhere up north.

Given the cost (and beauty) of those sweaters I wouldn't have worn one for downhill skiing if I still did that, more likely for X-C.  Three years ago we bought Dale sweaters for our son-in-law and our only grandson (then, but his little bro will grow into it), I think while we were in Andalsnes.  Together the 2 came to 3,500 NOK, or north of $400 at the 2017 exchange rate. (This past May that 3,500 would've been about $100 less.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. So correct the dew sensor and it’s 62-63 there 

I want to bang my head into my laptop so hard right now, lol.  

You get hotter temps with lower dews in the same air mass.  So it’s either 83F with higher dews or its 87F with lower dews.... but it’s not hotter temps and higher dews.  

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I want to bang my head into my laptop so hard right now, lol.  

You get hotter temps with lower dews in the same air mass.  So it’s either 83F with higher dews or its 87F with lower dews.... but it’s not hotter temps and higher dews.  The reason BDL is so much hotter is they mix out better.

We will remember this come the first icing threat when BDL is 37/27, but we know the dew is wrong so it won’t be enough to wetbulb down below freezing.

Just now, dendrite said:

We will remember this come the first icing threat when BDL is 37/27, but we know the dew is wrong so it won’t be enough to wetbulb down below freezing.

Dew is 54F at ORH.  BDL looks fine.  

If we like seeing BDL be hotter than everyone, we should accept lower dews there.  Science, ha.

17 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Science, ha.

From casual observation it’s always seemed like the ultimate process followed that of a reasonably routine, scientific calculation along lines of the following equation:

(P ± X) ± M

Where:

P = weenie parameter of interest

X = whatever nearly arbitrary value needs to be applied to fit current agenda

M = factor applied by meteorologists, forecasters, or knowledgeable amateurs to attempt to correct for X and bring final value back to reality

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey... can you check and see what BDL hit for High temp today? Thanks!

Looks like several 90F readings on their 5-minute observations, don't see any 91s but they definitely hit 90F.

Relative humidity under 30% is impressive too.... 88/51 for 28% is dry.