Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday, May 9, 2020 Fun

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I couldn't care less since the likelihood of accumulation here is remote. Interesting novelty,  though.

We are six weeks away from summer solstice, anybody in SNE expecting snow Is setting themselves up for disappointment.  Looking back to May 1977 one could say sure, we are due for a once in 50 year event but maybe that was a once in 100 year event or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are six weeks away from summer solstice, anybody in SNE expecting snow Is setting themselves up for disappointment.  Looking back to May 1977 one could say sure, we are due for a once in 50 year event but maybe that was a once in 100 year event or whatever. 

May '77 was prob once in 100-200 year event...this one couldn't match it even if it took the perfect track. It's not quite the type of upper air situation May 77 was with the slower moving (but rapidly intensifying) cutoff.

The cold shot though is pretty historic.

• Like 1

Let’s hope for some banding further north than expected?  

The Euro run is frigid.  Even with the lack of QPF up here it wants MVL to be below freezing while snowing.  

Even that 0.3-0.4” QPF would get us decent snow at those temps.

Eventually gets us to 28F by morning. 

9CF65325-57ED-4E2E-8D9F-66D17155E66D.thumb.png.2afc2a88331294c4a9f1e85ce7eb9664.png

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Let’s hope for some banding further north than expected?  

The Euro run is frigid.  Even with the lack of QPF up here it wants MVL to be below freezing while snowing.  

Even that 0.3-0.4” QPF would get us decent snow at those temps.

Eventually gets us to 28F by morning. 

9CF65325-57ED-4E2E-8D9F-66D17155E66D.thumb.png.2afc2a88331294c4a9f1e85ce7eb9664.png

Nothing to stop this from continuing inland. Enjoy it. Take a few pines and maples down at least 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only thing for Ray to hope for is the Messenger shuffle SE tomorrow. That’s his only hope 

Today went about 30 miles SE at the last second. Still disagreement on this one. I'd favor CNE/NNE right now, but nothing is set in stone.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Reasonable to go 80/20 compromise. Seeing flakes would be memorable.

Decent chance for flakes during Saturday even if you don't get them from the main system....the instability under the ULL is going to produce a lot of convective showers that are probably going to be graupel/straight snow. Esp any heavier ones.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Today went about 30 miles SE at the last second. Still disagreement on this one. I'd favor CNE/NNE right now, but nothing is set in stone.

The EPS was much more amped and NW at 6z than GEFS were .. then the NAM went right to Euro and FV3 in its SE bias came well NW. So barring a miracle Messenger shuffle this ones for Slot , Freak and Dendy 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Decent chance for flakes during Saturday even if you don't get them from the main system....the instability under the ULL is going to produce a lot of convective showers that are probably going to be graupel/straight snow. Esp any heavier ones.

The QPF panels are pretty cool, like zero precip anywhere and then bam like 15-18z it explodes to light QPF over all of the Northeast as daytime heating and ULL interact.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The EPS was much more amped and NW at 6z than GEFS were .. then the NAM went right to Euro and FV3 in its SE bias came well NW. So barring a miracle Messenger shuffle this ones for Slot , Freak and Dendy 

Mitch to Elevated areas in NH above 1000- 1500' . I would sell much more than slushy accums at the Coop for now

I'm sure ill find myself on West moosefart lane in Nowhere ville CNE above 1500

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I don’t remember what year but mid 90s I was up at the house in Kingfield ,when my brother still had it, and there was accumulating snow in early June up in the Sugarloaf/Bigelow range. 

Those elevated areas should still be holding snow now, So they could go into June this year possibly.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I don’t remember what year but mid 90s I was up at the house in Kingfield ,when my brother still had it, and there was accumulating snow in early June up in the Sugarloaf/Bigelow range. 

It happens. I’ve got video of it snowing at 3000ft less than a week away from the solstice.  No doubt the Bigelows further NW could do.

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Mitch to Elevated areas in NH above 1000- 1500' . I would sell much more than slushy accums at the Coop for now

I'm sure ill find myself on West moosefart lane in Nowhere ville CNE above 1500

idk...if the euro/nam verifies I think I get a few inches here.

7 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It was mainly 31-32 here and the last hour dropped into the upper 20’s. As much damage as we had here.. elevations under 700’ was noticeably worse 

We were in the 20's from the get-go.  Pure powder.  Mitch/Pete/me ftw in that one.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

image.thumb.png.d6437de8a899a78bd52450d1946e9c1b.png

Meh.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only thing for Ray to hope for is the Messenger shuffle SE tomorrow. That’s his only hope 

The true Messenger shuffles would begin 6 hours before start time and intensify with every SREF run and upstream observation from then out.  Death by a thousand cuts.

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

The true Messenger shuffles would begin 6 hours before start time and intensify with every SREF run and upstream observation from then out.  Death by a thousand cuts.

It goes back a long way.  I think even on WWBB before EUSWX and AMWX back in 2003/2004/2005, Messenger always sniffed out those SE ticks as storms approached.  He’d be comparing buoy data and SFC pressure with the RUC and showing all of us interior folks how the low was already 40 miles east of where it was supposed to be, lol.  

He was amazing to read though as back then things weren’t as relaxed (others might call it off-topic banter) as it is now.... you didn’t post unless you really had a good analysis or observation to make and Messenger was always on those low tracks when they approached New England.  

• Like 4