Total Members
    Most Online
    David
    Newest Member
    David

May Banter 2020

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Something happen over there?

Things... but I'd rather not get into it and derail this further.  Rather keep this thread banter related... like how the Capitals suck

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Sorry Jebman, you aren't allowed to talk about it here. :( 

Oh okay. I am sorry. You can delete it if necessary.

This isn’t the COVID thread despite phins desperate need for validation. Do it on any number of other places. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Anybody have any suggestions for places within an hour of DC to walk/hike that aren’t overrun?  

Terrapin Park in Stevensville is one of my local favorites. Its literally just across the bay bridge. Lots of trails and you can walk along the beach. I go there often. Great place to pick up driftwood, which I kinda collect.

I have not been since the COVID restrictions, so you might want to check if you decide to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s here. The 2 Miss J’s made my favorite baked French toast for this morning. 

DDBF877C-A9CF-456F-B865-54BBC4945D6C.jpeg

Looks delicious! Hope you have a wonderful day! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaydreb said:

Anybody have any suggestions for places within an hour of DC to walk/hike that aren’t overrun?  

I know it’s the obvious choice but you can usually find some space in rock creek park if you take the less popular trails. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jaydreb said:

Seneca Creek Greenway trail here in Germantown. Almost entirely empty but don’t expect a vista, it’s a nice long nature trail.

Weverton Cliffs up near Harpers Ferry. MD side. The reason it’s empty is because most people, if they go all the way to Harpers Ferry, will do the two big popular hikes there, leaving this trail an undiscovered goldmine with 10x less people.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

You guys are living the American dream man!! 

But where's your beer ? :drunk:

I'm currently sitting by the firepit drinking a double India pale ale baby!

Cheers!!

C'mon, must be holding a beer off camera! Bet @nw baltimore wx has a hidden selfie cam right there on the bottle...click and drink! :D

• Like 2

Gorgeous out today! Took a nice walk in the Audubon nature center near where I'm at. Much nicer than the cold wind yesterday. 

Family up in Cleveland got snow on Friday! May freakin' eighth! Unreal. Enough to coat the grass a decent amount from what they said. 

8 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

This isn’t the COVID thread despite phins desperate need for validation. Do it on any number of other places. 

Got it.

Had a few friends over to enjoy the weather on the patio — Served jalapeño strawberry spicy margaritas which were delicious.  

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Looks gross, to be honest. 

Mostly tastes like cinnamon and brown sugar. I actually like it 

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Not bad. Sort of like a spring time pumpkin ale vibe?

Yeah that’s probably a nice comparison. It does have a little sour taste to go along. It’s deff worth a try 

14 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah that’s probably a nice comparison. It does have a little sour taste to go along. It’s deff worth a try 

I love the JREAM series.  We now brew a series/style based upon that series from Burley Oak.  I had a few versions on our trip to OC last summer and decided immediately that we have to have that style.  Tart but balanced by the sweetness of fruit.  Ours is called Smoot Eez.  Right now we have a Blackberry/Cranberry version and a Blueberry Strawberry version on tap.  Brewing a Pink Guava/Passionfruit one next week in anticipation of warmer weather finally arriving.  This style has a huge following and are enjoyed by many who don't enjoy "beer" flavor.  I'm surprised how many hop heads have also adopted this as a go to beer, especially when they are trying to hit something with a low abv.  

Your carrot cake one looks great. They know what they are doing over there.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I love the JREAM series.  We now brew a series/style based upon that series from Burley Oak.  I had a few versions on our trip to OC last summer and decided immediately that we have to have that style.  Tart but balanced by the sweetness of fruit.  Ours is called Smoot Eez.  Right now we have a Blackberry/Cranberry version and a Blueberry Strawberry version on tap.  Brewing a Pink Guava/Passionfruit one next week in anticipation of warmer weather finally arriving.  This style has a huge following and are enjoyed by many who don't enjoy "beer" flavor.  I'm surprised how many hop heads have also adopted this as a go to beer, especially when they are trying to hit something with a low abv.  

Your carrot cake one looks great. They know what they are doing over there.  Enjoy!

Cool. If I ever come out your way I’ll check it out. Yeah I like Burley Oak and RaR in Cambridge has their out of order series which is very good. Have to pick up what I just ordered which included PB&J, candy apple, dirty banana and white chocolate strawberry mouse 

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I’ve got two more videos to make for class tomorrow and then I’m out to the patio to have a couple of beers from yesterday. Thanks, again. We really enjoyed ourselves.