• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4

May Discobs 2020

Starting out cloudy and 50, but hoping for some sun and less wind today.  Gonna be chilly though.  How would you like this forecast?  Concord, NH LOL.

Today
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Another typical November day. Cloudy, cool and shitty once again. It's been the same temperature for 7 solid months. Never seen anything like it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Starting out cloudy and 50, but hoping for some sun and less wind today.  Gonna be chilly though.  How would you like this forecast?  Concord, NH LOL.

Today
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.

I actually like mine better

6B7BAE0E-0AF6-45D2-9821-86D15E778BCC.thumb.jpeg.c899e58e696cc0885584f495f847b2f2.jpeg

23 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, off to a roaring start on the rain front for the week. Broke a daily rainfall record with 1.22 inches in the 'ol CoCoRaHS gauge, old record was 1.15 inches from 2003. Got to love that orographic lift. It is raining with an E wind at 9 mph and currently 50.1/48.8. That may be the high for the day as forecast is for it to be steady or drop a degree or two thru the day.

Another 0.47 in the bucket this am, so 1.69 so far. That is NOTHING to what is happening just to my south from Rocky Mount thru Roanoke and Blacksburg to below Beckley WV. 3-5 inches there....yikes. Anyway, the skies lightened a bit around 10 am here and the temp pushed up to 52 degrees. Then a thundershower and back into upper 40's and fell rest of day/night on E to ENE breezy winds. That 52.0 was good enough for a new record 'cool max', beating 1981's 54 degree reading. 52.0/42.1 high low. Currently 42.6/39.9 and that heavy rain is right on my doorstep and moving in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

Another typical November day. Cloudy, cool and shitty once again. It's been the same temperature for 7 solid months. Never seen anything like it.

I wish for once we'd get a cold, snowy winter followed by a very warm April (say +8.0), a normal May and a -2.0 June.  70s for months.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Today

Thursday

Friday

Unreal how stuck we are in perpetual drab weather...oh look, more low 60s and muck!

Next week is looking better for now — but I’m sure some kind of ULL will show up on models and screw things up. 

Southeast Frederick nam'd with 3" Friday .Will it happen....no :whistle:

BTW ...the recent weather has been great for a construction guy like me working outside and for at home outdoor work as well . Can't beat it. Weekend in the 70s sounds great as well

06z GEFS mean precip for Thurs - Fri is 1" - 2" for I-95 west.

12z GFS op with 1" - 1.5" rain Thurs - Fri for I-95 west.  Given our track record of late, we can probably expect 15 min of drizzle.

High was 58 today, despite some significant sunny periods.

56 currently.

Who was saying temps in mid/late May cant stay this cool if its sunny? :whistle:

Sunday and Monday look like the ideal late Spring days so many have been longing for- partly to mostly sunny with high temps of 70 or so, with lows in the 50s.

Sounds about perfect to me.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Upper 30s maybe according to the 3k

Won't even be close to that with an easterly wind of 10-20 mph, which is the forecast for here. 45-50 is more like it without decoupling, and clouds around.

28 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

High was 58 today, despite some significant sunny periods.

56 currently.

Who was saying temps in mid/late May cant stay this cool if its sunny? :whistle:

That was me.  But I am a turd with hair.  I didn’t think it was possible.  The weather never ceases to surprise me

• Haha 3

Just now, BristowWx said:

That was me.  But I am a turd with hair.  I didn’t think it was possible.  The weather never ceases to surprise me

I’m guilty too.  Sun recently popped out here, but not sure it ever got above 60 today.  It was a beautiful late winter day lol

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I’m guilty too.  Sun recently popped out here, but not sure it ever got above 60 today.  It was a beautiful late winter day lol

2020 continues to make me rethink everything I think I know.  Let’s hope winters best show was not achieved this spring. 70 and partly sunny on Xmas...I can see that. 

Guidance is ticking back up rain amounts for Friday. Looks like 0.5-1”+ for central MD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Won't even be close to that with an easterly wind of 10-20 mph, which is the forecast for here. 45-50 is more like it without decoupling, and clouds around.

18z 3k increased winds here as well overnight.  Looks like 42-45 range  most likely around here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

18z 3k increased winds here as well overnight.  Looks like 42-45 range  most likely around here.

53 here now with the sun lowering in the western sky. Sure feels more like October.

Probably hit a low of about 47 here.

• Like 1

Smoke from NJ wildfires is being pushing into northeast MD this evening.  Several smoke investigation calls into Harford, Baltimore and Carroll 911 centers.  Also a spike in low level particulate has been observed at several air quality stations in the Baltimore metro area.

8 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Smoke from NJ wildfires is being pushing into northeast MD this evening.  Several smoke investigation calls into Harford, Baltimore and Carroll 911 centers.  Also a spike in low level particulate has been observed at several air quality stations in the Baltimore metro area.

Large fire?

8 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Given our track record of late, we can probably expect 15 min of drizzle.

Good

9 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

This weather is torture. Need to see sun asap

Want some sun? Come on down! Come see us in south central Texas! Wall to wall sunshine with some pleasant 75 degree dewpoints and a nice high of 96!!!!

This is early, even for us down here! lol

Guess who got stuck out in the abundant sunshine trimmin hedges?

Yours truly.

Yesterday I had to trim dead branches off moms rosebush. It was 96 in the shade, dewpoint was 74 and the sun was out! I got thorned so bad all over my hands and my arm got shredded! I grabbed the hose, turned it on full and drank well water like a hot horse!

• Haha 1