Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

25 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

120k is possible today if the last two states report. Time to lock it down imo

Finished with 118k but no Missouri (Kansas reported every other day during the weekdays). Last two weeks have seen a clear acceleration of case growth. Today was 26k above last Thursday, which was 18k above the Thursday before. This kind of trajectory cannot continue without major strains on health care systems in many areas (it already is in some areas).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Finished with 118k but no Missouri (Kansas reported every other day during the weekdays). Last two weeks have seen a clear acceleration of case growth. Today was 26k above last Thursday, which was 18k above the Thursday before. This kind of trajectory cannot continue without major strains on health care systems in many areas (it already is in some areas).

America is distracted with this election all the while this pandemic is getting worse exponentially. Again something is going to have to give here soon because this path we are on is unsustainable 

Pritzker mentioned more restrictions during his news conference yesterday, and I would be almost certain that my region (region 1) will be the first to have further mitigation restrictions. Yesterday we had a mind boggling positivity rate of 15.8% with 633 new cases. 

The university continues to be a hot spot of cases, and heading into the holidays will be a time bomb of new cases.

"Sorry I gave you COVID grandma, but that turkey and stuffing really is to die for." 

• Sad 2

The large Northeast IN regional hospital (including seven satellite hospitals) I mentioned in an earlier post is at 81% capacity (1,067 total beds), which equates to 203 beds available.

I couldn't find the number of ICU beds, but they do have 163 "special care" beds, which I would assume most of which  are ICU beds. Anyway, they have 30 ICU beds available. It's not going to take many more serious cases and there's going to be trouble.

I'm not only speaking from a healthcare standpoint, but also a financial one. Most of the area businesses and and industries utilizes PPOs and HMOs for their employees and use this large regional hospital. If they can't get a bed, a patient will have to go out of network (if they can find an open bed)for treatment, which would result in much higher patient costs. There are only three other hospitals in this 10 county area, one large, one medium, and one small one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Again where the hell is the white house task force? This is incredibly gross negligence from this administration

1546446954_MV5BZmFlMWMwYmUtMGEwNS00ZWVlLTlkNjctYTQ4NWUxMTIxOTg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR9006301200_AL_.thumb.jpg.f6ebcf622ccf8d03248ed8ce273674af.jpg

I think Dr. Birx has been touring the country.  But overall it seems that states are on their own now more than ever. 

I will repeat what I said a while back though.  Whether or not we eventually have a President Biden, there is only so much that can be done when a chunk of the population has never bought into all this and a lot of other people are just tired of it all.  Europe is a prime example of what happens when you let up.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

One thing that blows me away with the vote/covid fatigue, it was the old people that had it more than younger people. Many Boomers who never voted, basically became a one issue voters, yet are the ones that voted for Trump due to pandemic............ok lol. If they get sick and die, well. Tough. I read Darwin as well, but I don't think Charles quite meant this is general.

Correct.....Darwin had your number of offspring in mind when thought of Survival of the "Fittest"

I am curious what percent of cases are actually getting caught with tests. Dr. Scottlieb on CNBC suggesting it was only 25%. If that is true then 25%+ of North Dakota has now been exposed, as 6.7% of the state has been tested positive. They are currently testing 0.2% of their pop positive every day!

9 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

I am curious what percent of cases are actually getting caught with tests. Dr. Scottlieb on CNBC suggesting it was only 25%. If that is true then 25%+ of North Dakota has now been exposed, as 6.7% of the state has been tested positive. They are currently testing 0.2% of their pop positive every day!

I like to base it off of current deaths.  For North Dakota it’s around 16% but in reality it’s a bit higher since death counts are delayed

2 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

One thing that blows me away with the vote/covid fatigue, it was the old people that had it more than younger people. Many Boomers who never voted, basically became a one issue voters, yet are the ones that voted for Trump due to pandemic............ok lol. If they get sick and die, well. Tough. I read Darwin as well, but I don't think Charles quite meant this is general.

That seems seriously silly.

We should be disappointed by the abject failure of the CDC and of Dr Fauci, as well of Trump if he was dumb enough to believe them.

The CDC and Dr Fauci were actively harmful to the efforts to curb this epidemic. Specifically, during the first 3 months of 2020, when there was still a slim chance of controlling the epidemic, they insisted that only their own test be allowed, rejecting any industry or foreign options. Of course their own test was slow and defective, which prevented any prospect of curbing the outbreak.

Since then, Dr Fauci has added to his failures by his flip flops on masks. from 'we don't need them' to ' we all need to wear them'.

Credibility is precious and imho neither the CDC nor Dr Fauci deserve any in light of their performance this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, etudiant said:

That seems seriously silly.

We should be disappointed by the abject failure of the CDC and of Dr Fauci, as well of Trump if he was dumb enough to believe them.

The CDC and Dr Fauci were actively harmful to the efforts to curb this epidemic. Specifically, during the first 3 months of 2020, when there was still a slim chance of controlling the epidemic, they insisted that only their own test be allowed, rejecting any industry or foreign options. Of course their own test was slow and defective, which prevented any prospect of curbing the outbreak.

Since then, Dr Fauci has added to his failures by his flip flops on masks. from 'we don't need them' to ' we all need to wear them'.

Credibility is precious and imho neither the CDC nor Dr Fauci deserve any in light of their performance this year.

The CDC never had the ability to make up for the test failure early on because the administration wouldn't let them to take the lead on the pandemic. Public health is what they do, they are supposed to be in charge in all of this. The HHS put political pressure on them often and did political review of scientific literature. 

Fauci has been serving this country for 50 freaking years. The right hates him. They have done everything to make it political. He's said to wear mask 1000s of times after the initial stuff in March. The anti-mask rhetoric is not about what fauci said in March. It's just another political tool to justify being anti-mask. 

This sounds a lot like the "scientists are the problem" that couldn't be father from the truth. 

• Like 4