Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

March 2020 disc/obs

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Angerloaf on a tirade today

Dr doosh being annoying. You have an unhealthy habit of commenting on my posts about snow and cold.

• Like 1

Flurries at Sugarloaf, but the mountain and valley are 100% snow covered. I think Boyne should turn off the webcams to discourage people from visiting and hiking for turns.

• Haha 1

Yesterday was 30F with a heavy frost. Probably the last subfreezing day in March. Normally the average here goes above freezing today. Grass is starting to green up and some Spring flowers are out.

8 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Flurries at Sugarloaf, I think Boyne should turn off the webcams to discourage people from visiting and hiking for turns.

that's what wildcat seems to have done on their base cam. hasn't been working for a week plus at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Angus said:

that's what wildcat seems to have done on their base cam. hasn't been working for a week plus at this point. 

I'm watching The Landing cam at Sugarloaf and don't see a single person. TBH, the snow conditions today aren't conducive to hiking for turns. It looks frozen solid.

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Rangeley lakes pounding snows 

Saddleback destroyer?

What bad luck and timing to get Saddleback going again. Getting workers and equipment from out of state is not going to be easy right now.

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty much a whiff in Fort Kent, though the day had a flake or 2.  Can't whine too much after getting 26.5" on 3/14-15.  Though the biggest snowfall I've measured anywhere, it was odd in that winds were light and our barometer was 30.4 as snow began and never dropped below 30" throughout.

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Dr doosh being annoying. You have an unhealthy habit of commenting on my posts about snow and cold.

lol.  Dr. Doooooosh.

Started as RA about 3, gradually switched to light SN, no IP noted yet.  Not sticking (temps still mid 30s) but were it full dark I think it might accumulate.

• Like 1

Yeah we may have to watch a couple of areas. One may be out west in the high terrain as the s/w pivots in...and then another area with an inv trough sliding down from Maine. That may try to get eastern areas. It’s quite cold at 925 tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Snowfall now almost to moderate, nice parachutes, ground/snowboard whitening a bit.  The really good echoes appear to have moved past W.NH so precip will probably get lighter here in an hour or two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus said:

All the Vail owned ski areas turned theirs off, Stowe, Okemo, Snow, Wildcat, etc.  

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Miserable cold rain over this way...even at the summits.  

Makes it easy to isolate today.